“Clean and comfortable”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Southport, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed overnight in June 2013.
Room was clean and very tidy.
Very quiet rooms.
Swimming pool looked nice (no time to use it) and the outside seating area was pleasant.
Great location near to all of Ghents wonderful old buildings.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
I would like to thank you first for choosing Novotel Gent , as your accomodation choice during your recent visit to Gent.
Your comments inspire us to strive harder in servicing our guest.
On behalf of the team ,I wish to thank you
Emile Lannoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel is easy to get to from the station - take the No. 1 tram. and it is the 7th stop. Then you have to cross in front of a cathedral to reach the other side of the plaza and the hotel. I stayed 4 nights and was delighted with my room. Breakfast was excellent and as I spend my final night in Belgium at the Novotel in Brussels, I can say that the Gent Novotel gave the same dishes a much higher quality and presentation. The reception staff were particularly helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Both Lara and Kurt contributed to the enjoyment of my stay with their lovely humor and friendliness. Location of the hotel is excellent and its possible to walk almost everywhere. Lots of restaurants in the area and a supermarket a few doors away if you want to buy food or drinks. Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Maksmum
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Gent
I will share your comments with my team , and hope to see you soon again
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very friendly, helpful gentleman working the reception desk. We checked into our room to find it a bit small for the three of us. I asked about an upgrade to a suite. Again, the gentleman at reception, although busy, was very helpful. He got a coworker to show me the suite to make sure it would satisfy our needs. The young gentleman that showed us the room was very pleasant. Every time I thanked him, he would say it was his pleasure to help us. The suite was much better than the original room. The suite has a bedroom with water closet and shower, TV, tea pot, and an excellent view (room 106). The adjoining room had a sofa that made twin beds, a Tv, table with chairs and a closet. Again, terrific view. The rooms were nice, except the carpet was worn and dirty. The bed was comfortable, the shower was nice, and we had FREE WIFI! The suite came with robes and slippers and a bottle of Cava with snacks.
The staff were very helpful and made us feel welcome. They also spoke excellent English.
The gym is very small, don't count on getting much of a workout here. The hotel has a pool which is a nice addition. The hotel is in a perfect location. There are plenty of restaurants close by and shopping is a very short walking distance. Overall, we
really enjoyed our stay and would recommend Novotel. If I return to Gent, I will definitely stay there again!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 764stephanieb
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
I would like to start by thanking you , for taking the time to write a revieuw of Novotel Gent on Trip Advisor.
I will share your comments with my team.
Best regards , and hope to see you soon again in Gent

Bialystok, Poland
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The overall impression is good. Room was clean. The first worrisome item was the lack of mineral water in the room. Next one incompetent person in reception desk - it means: my company paid for accomodation and recetion person wanted next new payment. Fortunately for this hotel second lady on recetion dest finded bank draft. Third problem - receptin man was reluctant to give me an invoice for my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank zbigi13
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
May I begin by thanking you for your revieuw on Tripadvisor.
I would like to extend to you my apologies for the problem at the reception.
I have instructed my reception team to ensure this does not happen in the futur.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A fantastic place to "do" Gent from, and very convenient for swapping coats/bags during the day or even just taking "time out" on the lobby sofas! But be wary of your satnav getting lost and taking you down some inappropriate streets. (For info the car park is only accessible from the back, not via the street address.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
May I begin by thanking you for taking the time to write a revieuw of Novotel Gent on Trip Advisor
We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us.
Liss, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was very nice, and the staff were very polite and helpful. The only drawbacks were that the hotel's garage is extremely small and was full by the time we arrived. This meant that we then had to try and find the alternative parking and as a lot of the streets were being dug up this was not an easy task. Also finding the hotel wasn't easy as the co-ordinates that the hotel give you tries to take you to the front of the hotel and not the rear (this is all pedestrian only and up very narrow lanes).

The room wasn't what I would call a superior room by any means and the safe wasn't even attached to the wall (anyone that got into your room could have just walked off with it).

Having been to Belgium quite a few times (all trips were to Brugge) we thought that we would try somewhere different and picked Gent. Can't say that we were that taken by it and probably won't be going back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hello
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in Novotel Gent
I will investigate the matter of the save but normally he is fixed in the furniture and not in the wall
Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Staff were all very friendly. Rooms were well sized and modern. Workout area was small, but did have one elliptical machine. There was a TV, but the machines faced in the opposite direction. WiFi was included and available throughout the hotel - including the workout room (so you could stream a show if desired).

Hotel has a great location right in the heart and within waking distance of most everything. Our room faced the plaza and St. Nicolas' Church, and was still quiet.

It was a bit pricey, but we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013
SPAREINE, General Manager at Novotel Gent Centrum, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments after your stay in Novotel Gent
Best regards and hope to see you soon