“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bridge

Bridge
Ranked #12 of 850 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, Bar, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North East England
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband and I sampled the Gent stew, which was absolutely gorgeous, the meat was rich and full of flavour and melted in the mouth. My daughter declared the lasagne to be equally delicious. Dame Blanche for dessert is not to be missed. Why are Belgian chips the tastiest in the world?

• Visited August 2013

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Love this place!!! Superb food, service, location & much more...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I have been dining regularly at the Bridge for three years and we absolutely love it. It quickly became our go-to place in Gent, whether it’s for a great meal or a nice drink on the terrace.

The food is fresh and delicious, the location and scenery is brilliant with excellent views on the cathedral and bell tower, the atmosphere is warm and the staff is absolutely superb. What more could we want? We’ve brought friends and family here that are visiting from out of town and they’ve all loved it as well.

A big thanks to the Bridge and staff for everything... Highly recommended!!!

• Visited August 2013
Ontario, Canada
“Great Food in Ghent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My husband, Mom, and I ate lunch here on a Sunday afternoon and loved our food. My husband ordered the beef stew and raved on and on about how good it was. He isn't easily impressed, but his stew and beer made him a very happy guy! My Mom and I both loved the Hawaiian salad which had grilled pineapple, chicken, and lots of other good stuff.

• Visited July 2013
Watford, United Kingdom
“Nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Went here as we were staying a the Ibis on the other side of the square and wanted to eat something fairly quickly so as a group of lads away we could go out drinking.

The restaurant was busy on Friday night but not too full that they could not get 6 of us in. The food was quite good portions with a few Belgian specialties. I went with the Waterzooi, others for Goulash, a couple for steak and one went for spaghetti bolognese as he wasn't too sure about the Belgian stuff.

We were given time to think what we wanted by staff and food came out in about the time you could expect. At the end of the meal we were left to drink our beers until we asked for the bill which turned out to be longer than initially expected as people were enjoying the range of beers they had.

• Visited June 2013
Liss, United Kingdom
“Great Family Run Style Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

As we were only in Ghent for 1 night we didn't have anywhere special in mind to eat. After having a look at other restaurants in and around Ghent we decided to stop at Bridge and our choice was the correct one.

The staff were extremely friendly and even though they were very busy also stopped by to see how we were and if we needed anything else. The food was fantastic and my other half really enjoyed his Flemish Stew.

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited May 2013