“Simple food prepared extremely well!”
Review of Bridge

Bridge
Ranked #80 of 997 Restaurants in Ghent
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2013

The Bridge Brasserie is a small place near Belfort tower on St. Baafsplein. The food is simple and homely and prepared really really well. The decor is modern and the place almost has the feel of a dining room (like you are eating in the owners home rather than a restaurant). Two thumbs up!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The restaurant we had intended to go was closed for a holiday and we found this on tripadvisor and thought we would try it.

It's a small brassiere and the decor is more cafe style rather than restaurant, but then that's brassiere style for you. The service was subdued and we did have to call the waiter over for the dessert menu. However, the service was excellent.

We ordered steak, which arrived with frites and salad. The meal was way beyond our expectations and was simply delicious.

Would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed April 4, 2013

After reading so many good reviews I had a high expectation about this place. Upon arrival we were quickly shown to a table but then ignored. No menus were brought over and the female waitress kept walking past seemingly avoiding eye contact and certainly not keen to serve. Eventually we managed to get the attention of the male waiter who brought us some menus over. There wasn't a lot of choice and it was quite pricy. Again it seemed to take a lifetime to be served and I was tempted to get up and leave from the frustration of not being served even though the waitress was less than a metre away doing nothing at times! I decided to try the local chicken speciality which was nice albeit a little bland. We didn't go for starters or desert in case we had to wait just as long for those! Wouldn't recommend, was a disappointing last night in Belgium after having had such a nice meal the evening before in Brugge.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very popular and does not have a lot of tables but worth persevering to get in. Excellent service and quality we returned for a second night. The steamed fish casserole was brilliant.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stupidly, we thought we would easily get into a Ghent restaurant on a cold Saturday night in March! How wrong we were. All those that had been recommended to us were full to the brim and we were promptly turned away. We wandered for over an hour faced with continuous rejections and finally saw The Bridge at about 9pm. I popped in on behalf of our group of four to enquire whether they had any tables expecting the usual answer, but straight away we were welcomed in - with a reserved sign being plucked from one of the restaurant's best tables in the window. What a relief! As it was close to the main square I wasn't expecting anything great - thinking instead we would be served highly priced, average tourist fare. How wrong I was.

Firstly, the service was second to none and secondly, the food was absolutely delicious. Although not an extensive menu, all the food was freshly cooked and very tasty. Three of our party had steak, which they reported was cooked to perfection (with each putting in a different order in terms of rare-well done) and I had a spaghetti, ham and pasta bake - simple, but so hot and well flavoured. The cheese crust on top was a real hit! The others were served a huge bowl of fries with their steaks and as soon as it was emptied they were asked if they wanted another one - and this refill was provided free of charge. There was a small, but adequate range of local beers and two of our party raved about the waffle dessert - in fact, it looked so good I almost wished I had ordered one myself even though it was massive!

The atmosphere was cosy and welcoming. I will now always make a point of visiting The Bridge when I'm in Ghent. Thanks to all who work there!