“Excellent Food”

Ranked #19 of 911 Restaurants in Ghent
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had not planned to eat here but having wondered around Ghent without a reservation for a restaurant for over an hour we tried to the Bridge. We are really glad that we did as we were swiftly shown to a table by the window and a good look out of the Church and the square.

The waiting staff were very attentive to our needs and quickly served up drinks and took our food order. I ordered steak and asked for it to be cooked Medium Rare. On arrival the steak was cooked perfectly. In addition to this once we had finished the chips another bowl was served up free of charge. Two of us also had the waffles, with chocolate sauce, whipped cream and Ice cream, which was divine. I also took the opportunity to try the pasta bake that a friend had which was also excellent, very creamy with a nice crunchy topping to it.

I thought that the price was very reasonable and would highly recommend to everyone else to go and visit if in the area, the staff were friendly and helpful and as an added bonus I was also able to get free wifi inside!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We really struggled to find somewhere to eat in Ghent tonight - most places were packed and we hadn't reserved. Having walked around for about an hour we popped into The Bridge in the desperate hope of a table.

Not only were we swiftly accommodated but we found ourselves with a tidy table for four in the window. Service was excellent, attentive and swift.

The food was excellent. Three of us had steaks - all of which were cooked to perfection. One had a pasta dish which (I'm told) was really tasty and all portions were extremely generous. Meat-wise the steaks were of excellent quality with a great texture and taste.

There was a good list of beers - nothing to set the world on fire for the Belgian beer afficianado - but nonetheless a well chosen list with something for everybody.

Cannot recommend strongly enough.

1  Thank Aquadave
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I used to hate a mushroom soup, and I have never thought I would eat again... but it's miracle. I love it after eating a soup here. It was light and simple, but really tasty. I'm not sure because I was in charch and outside in the cold weather a while, maybe my body was craving something warm my body. My husband (& I) enjoyed beer as well. This place is located near St Baafskathedraal. We will be back defiantly if we will be back to Ghent.

1  Thank sakuyamamomiton
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Brilliant find, my partner had the mussels which was a Huge portion!

Service was very good, with a good selection of beers. A brilliant find considering its right in the centre of a tourist trap!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Nice restaurant in a good location. The food and service were good, can recommend the beef stew. Might seem a bit pricey but is actually quite average for Ghent.