“Great Stoverij (Beef Stew)!!”

Eetkaffee Multatuli
Ranked #47 of 891 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have visited this place twice and both times the stoverij (stew) and the shrimp pasta was excellent. The staff is friendly and the courtyard outside is great for lunch (or dinner on warmer days). The place is very laid back and busy filled mainly with younger 25-30-somethings giving it a great atmosphere. Not the most romantic setting but a great place with excellent food and service!

1  Thank Bob V
There are newer reviews for Eetkaffee Multatuli

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Every time when we want to eat a tasty meal - we go to Multatuli. Guaranteed quality and cosy atmosphere and good service. Combination, that is not easy to find among Gent restaurants. There are many, but not many offer great quality of food and service. My favourites are Stoverij and Goat cheese salad. Very nice selection of beers. The only little minus is difficulty to park around. But for a nice meal we can as well walk a little:)

Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I found this place looking at recommendations from locals on other websites. Had I looked at Trip Advisor, I probably wouldn't have considered it.

My husband and I both ordered the Flemish stew. We received a lot of food! We got a plate of salad and a big bowl of frites with homemade mayonnaise. The stew arrived in a large pot for us to share. I have had the stew in several restaurants in Belgium and this was the best I've ever had! The meat falls apart and is so flavorful.

For the price, we received a generous amount of food and we did not leave hungry in the slightest.

Like everywhere we visited in Gent, the wait staff speaks English and were very friendly. I wish I would've found this place sooner so I could've gone back and tried something else on the menu. This is definitely a gem!

1  Thank Bevyrage
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Good food and lovely atmosphere. we would recommand you to visit multatuli when the terras is opened.
Everything they make is home made and fresh!

Reviewed May 25, 2014

I had the traditional Flemish Fish Stew for 19 Euros. It was perfect. The sauce was delicate and tasty not overwhelming the delicious chunks of fresh fish. The portion was huge. You could share this with a friend. I will eat there again.