“Excellence Place”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We found this place for diner and enjoyed a really great evening. The staff was extremely helpful when explaining us dishes or helped with translations. My friend and I had both excellent meals (fish plate, steak) and I enjoyed a nice red wine and he some Belgium beers, after recommendation. We were truly glad that we chose this restaurant and we come back to it on our next visit to agent, without a doubt.

3  Thank Kathrin80

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Apart from the Nov 2013 review with which I agree the other reviewers must have visited a different place! Great little brasserie on the Korenmarkt with excellent service food and wine at reasonable prices.

1  Thank BillFGlasgow
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Definitely a dinner to remember..nice warm environment,perfect house wine,tried the pork dish and the ham dish.. Just amazing

1  Thank Dimitristse
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It took us over an hour to get our food once we gave our order. Our waiter never asked if we wanted more drinks or offered bread for the table. My husband was 5 minutes away from leaving with out getting our food...it took that long. Once our food arrived mine was barely warm, while my husbands was steaming hot. There are many restaurants in that area, I would recommend going somewhere else.

2  Thank RhodesianRidgeback
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We came in this place around 12 in the afternoon and explained to the waitress we wanted to have a bite to eat and we received the menu. The dishes they present for lunch are very limited and we decided not to eat there. The waitress came back, grabbed the cutlery and made a grumpy remark. Clearly not amused by our decision.

Then we got our beverages and we had to pay immediately.

As for the location, from the outside it looks quite nice. From the inside it doesn't. You sit very closely to other tables, it all looks a bit chaotic and the choice of music was poorly done. (Dance music in such a little place wasn't quite suitable.)

Overall a really bad choice to go. The service and settings are lousy. As for the food I cannot comment because their menu is so limited.

1 star