“Great Thai restaurant”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is one of the best places outside of Thailand to experience fine Thai cuisine. Service is friendly and the food is always very fresh. I also like the interior which is not in the tacky style often favoured by Oriental restaurants. Reservation is essential on Fridays and Saturdays!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I went here with my girlfriend, we tried the menu which included a dish of starters, a variety of main courses and a dessert or coffee. The food itself was very nice. We got a little spring roll (which tasted awesome), a chicken skewer and a seasoned prawn (had a very fresh taste, yet a little spicy, very good!). The main dishes also were quite tasty, we received several prawns in a special sauce, thai veggies and a dish with pork in a coconut sauce (spicy, yet delicious!). The dessert was a mango bavarois, which was perfect to finish a good meal.
We paid 37 euros each and a few more euros for the drinks (very reasonable). This may be a little much for an average student, but there's also an option to choose separate main courses for affordable prices.
The atmosphere is quite nice. The only minor setback is that the service was a tad slow at some points, but then again it was quite crowded and it wasn't really that bothersome.

If you happen to be near the patershol in Ghent and you're feeling like having some great thai food or trying something new, I can definitely recommend this place!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Go to Ghent every year for a bit of R and R after hectic business trips, tried Le Baan again after an amazing meal last year to see if I was correct in my praise for this eatery and thank gosh I was correct most probably the best Thai I have had and we have many in Sydney. But my biggest surprise was the Irish coffee the best ever once again world class

Reviewed August 16, 2013

A wonderful Thai meal in an off-the-beaten-track street that we discovered by chance. Highly recommended.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The food is delicious, the service is great, but make sure you have a reservation as the restaurant can get very busy!