“The worst kept secret in Ghent”
Review of Le Baan Thai

Le Baan Thai
Ranked #130 of 928 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant seems hidden away...yet everyone knows about it. Why? Simple, the food is great.
It's a little more expensive then you might think for a thai restaurant but it is worth it. I have never had any problems with service either, always very friendly. Nice selection of wines and it's a nice place to sit. It's usually pretty quite, not too crowded.
I always end up taking the pad thai, I ordered something else the first time but since then I've always taken the pad thai and not once have I regretted it...it's really that tasty.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you're in Ghent I higly recomend you to pay a visit at Le Baan Thai. The restaurant is quite hard to find the first time, since it's hidden in a backyard in a maze of streets. But it's worth the adventure to locate it. Really good food and great service. Price is okay aswell. Book a table in advance 'cause it's tends to be crowded.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

In Bann Thai for the first time this week. Overall food spicy and very tasty. This place could be brilliant however is ruined by the complete lack of anything resembling customer service. Trying to order a drink was torture and finally when I left my seat to ask the waiter I met with " I have been busy". After a short exchange I offered to leave the restaraunt, when he replied with the a tone devoid of any customer service, " do that I don't care" . The manageress was not interested in doing anything even though she heard the conversation. This restaraunt is the Culinary equivalent of Ryanair. Go elsewhere, smiling courteous staff will not be found here.

1  Thank Colin S
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We realy enjoyed our meal here! We went for the menu and the dishes were very nice and different of taste! Some plates were realy splendid! The best thai we had here in Belgium - it made us dreaming about our trips to Thailand! Go for the menu - it is worth the price! A perfect balance in different tastes and perfect for us - not to spicy but real thai! Only the dessert, normal vanilla ice and fruits was not that realy Thai, but this is the only detail! And they were very kind!

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Good variety of dishes. Some very spicy, so watch out for the peppers on the menu. I personally love the duck.