“Best steak in town!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant De Graslei

Restaurant De Graslei
Ranked #20 of 839 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: French, Belgian, Dutch, Seafood, European, Central European
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant De Graslei, located near one of the most charming places of Ghent. At Graslei nr7 you will discover an attractive and hospitable eatinghouse. You will receive a warm welcome and be served as a friend of the house. The best Belgian salads, fish- and meatdishes will be at your choise.
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Best steak in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Best view in the terrase and a great steak! They do a very nice Cote de l'os for two people which was very nicely cooked and excellent quality.
Service was quick and pleasant and very good value!

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Beaconsfield, United Kingdom
“Great location and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Loved the restaurant, discovered on first night in Ghent and went back many times over several months. Loved the food especially the beef stew. I must disagree with some of the reviewers about this being a tourist place as most of the customers seemed to be locals and well known to the staff. There are several restaurants next door to each other, this is my favourite mainly because I like the menu but they are all good, all have outdoor heaters and offer blankets if it gets slightly too cool in the evening. I found the service to be very good, you do need to attract the waiters attention to get service but I prefer this to being constantly bothered asking if everything is ok. Note in Belgium it is normal to just choose your own table and sit down, you don't need to ask. I usually choose what I want from the menu outside so once I have sat down when the waiter comes over I am ready to order straight away, my beer normally appears in less than 2 minutes followed soon after by my food. All in all highly recommended, but don't just take my word for it, wander down, look at the menu outside and just watch for a few minutes, you won't need this review to convince you.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Andy P
London UK
“Lovely dinner, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We had an evening meal here at the end of October 2012. Chicken Waterzooi, fish and fresh bread were excellent. Service was thoughtful and attentive without being obtrusive. This restaurant is clearly popular: rugs were provided for outdoor diners, although we chose to eat inside.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sanary-sur-Mer, France
“Fine for the view. Avoid the food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Probably best to just have a drink here and look at the view of the river.
Service at lunch was cold and uninterested. Food (waterzoi) was not good at all. Lidl-type bits of chicken floating in something resembling dishwater, surrounded by one or 2 potatoes. That's it. To charge 16 or 17 Euros for what is essentially a bowl of chicken stock is quite cheeky. Still, the place was very busy on a Friday afternoon so maybe we were just unlucky with the waiter and the dish. Would avoid on any future visit.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Brussels, Belgium
“Elegant and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I discovered this brasserie whilst taking a family visitor to Gent, which is not a place I know. I had noticed on googlemaps that the Graslei was probably a good place to stop for a quick snack at lunch time, and I was not disappointed. We looked also at the Belga Queen next door – but the menu there looked very expensive for my quick snack idea. The weather was cold and windy and although some brave souls were sitting outside, we decided to go inside. It is surprisingly roomy, as we discovered upon exiting that there are two levels inside. The brasserie was quite full on the ground level, but we were given a lovely table, and the restaurant itself is very elegant inside. I had been worried that we would be expected to have the full deal for lunch – but there was no problem whatsoever. All three of us had the typical shrimp croquettes, and my brother ordered a portion of frites, which were delicious. We ordered two glasses of excellent Cab Sav, and I ordered a bottle of water for me – which was more expensive than the wine. The service was very friendly. I speak Dutch (with an accent), and the waitress replied in French, and then realized we were English. The waiter replied back to me in Dutch, which I really appreciated. All in all it was a really lovely experience.

1 Thank Jubruxella