“Wish I'd just had lots of starters” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amatsu

Amatsu
Ranked #101 of 839 Restaurants in Ghent
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Wish I'd just had lots of starters”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The sushi and other starters were outstanding. Disappointed with mains, the duck and chicken tasted as though they had been pre cooked and a hot sauce poured over them.
The service was appropriately attentive. I would return, bot restrict myself to a range of starters.

• Visited June 2014

Zottegem, Belgium
“Fine Japanese food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Nice and quiet setting, superb Japanese food with very nice and interesting menu settings, all for a good price. The traditional Japanese menu is quite extensive and allows sufficient choice. The service was very correct and hospitable.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank David V
clt fd
“amazing !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic cuisine, atmosphere and welcoming.
Really worth it if you're found of real homemade japanese food.
I took the Sushi assortiment as à starter ( 15 various pièces) and the tempura mix (fish, shrimps and vegetables) as main course. 25 + 25 €.
I chose dishes "a la carte" and I didn't expect the portions to be so big, so I would not advise to order the same dishes for one person and next Time I will order one of the different menues at around 35 €.
These were one of the most fresh, exotic and tasty things I've ever had.
I do recommend that anybody tries this restaurant.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank stephane b
Toronto
“Simply amazing sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We wandered into this restaurant by chance and were very lucky to get the last place at the bar on a very busy Saturday night in Ghent. The service is very friendly and efficient. The interior of Amatsu is rather unimposing but do not let that fool you. The quality of sushi and sashimi was impeccable. We ordered sushi menu and sashimi menu, and our taste buds were having a blast. It was the best nigiri sushi I've ever had. The variety of fish and freshness were amazing. The owners (I guess they are a couple, and they prepare sushi) took real pride in their food and took time to explain about their secret ingredients, special rice they import directly and about sushi in general. We were so amazed that we ordered another plate of sushi. There is no over-complex futomaki, the sushi is simple but it's its quality (and some secret additions) that make it so special. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Tuchka
Ghent, Belgium
“nice food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Amatsu is a nice Japanese restaurant in the center of Ghent. It was my third visit and I still enjoy the great Japanese food (try the duck!). Atmosphere is relaxed (zen), you can sit outside in the green garden on warmer evenings. I recommend Amatsu if you're looking for good value for money, for an evening out with friends or on a romantic date.

• Visited August 2013