“Great!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I enjoyed our lovely meals @ Martino ! The staff immediately made us feel at home ! I enjoyed it and I'm sure were planning on visiting Martino again really soon...

1  Thank Justine V
There are newer reviews for Martino

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Martino is a favorite of mine. The food is delicious -- you have to try their take on a "cheeseburger and the steak tartare is probably the best in Ghent. It's always best to have a reservation if you're coming during peak hours, as the place tends to be quite crowded.

Service is excellent and prices reasonable.

1  Thank klf_2013
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Top interieur, fresh food and verry well served. The cheese egg menu is amazing and unique, they only serve this here! The steaks are always the best and you always feel welkom. Great starter for a pleasend night in a great city ! Try the picante, it is a special kind of steak from an ox.
All the pasta's they make are fantastic, don't doubt and go to Martino !

2  Thank timdebuck
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The kindness of Pascaline and the lovely waiter are already a good reason for coming. Once you've tasted the Steak Tartate façon Martino, you swear to yourself to come back once a month. This place is nicely crowded and you better book a table because it's always full. And we know why. The meat is delicious and today we even tried the surprising suggestion: marinated gravlax. They are not only good with meat, they can even handle fish! It was absolutely delicious. I warmly recommend this place, and will be happy to go back soon.

1  Thank KarenCarenne
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Where to begin, it's open Wed - Sunday....6pm - 1am....So Sunday night after a long evening at work, we have a reservation for 9pm.
We come in..our table was ready...we sit, and after about 10 min our order is taken.

We both had the Cheese-BurgerEgg Burger...which isn't an NorthAmerican burger at all...but it is DELICIOUS.
I ordered in English, and my partner in Dutch....he said...I'll have the same egg and cheese.

We waited 35-40 min for our food...and it was fairly busy, but not THAT busy. When the food finally came, he put it down abruptly.
I got what I ordered, in English...and my Partner got a different one. He said in Dutch that he ordered the same as me, and the guy made it sound like it was our fault. :(
If I would let service ruin my meal, it would have...he did go get the egg, but rather than taking it back, and bringing it out complete, he said "you can start you know...you don't need to wait".

Anyway....it never got better in terms of service....but picture this.

A nice perfectly done meat "patty" A strange sweet/cheese sauce, grilled onions and frites.....the meal itself was amazing...and fairly priced at 15€.

I would go again....tho I will hope that the "help wanted" sign in the window was to replace the furry faced, miserable server. He was really unpleasant.