All reviews air conditioner the owner around the corner fridge ghent
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2017

Nice hotel, classic style although maybe a bit old-fashioned. I had a clean room with modern toilet and shower inside, large flatscreen TV and airconditioning which was useful as it was Summer. Furniture could bear some modernizing. I had a room under the roof, so the view was a bit limited.
I enjoyed the breakfast which was varied and plentiful (a far cry from Hotel De La Gare further down the street which originally belonged to the same owners but who preferred to sell it rather than restoring it).

This hotel also has a sauna and hot tub which however I did not make use of. It is located far away enough from the railway station so I was not incommodated while sleeping. All in all, a satisfying one-night stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
christophe j, Eigenaar at Station Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

Thanks for the review

With best regards
Station hotel

Reviewed July 24, 2017

One night stay over in Aalst and this establishments ambiance and feel made it feel like a one night fling... Liked the setting, look and ambiance the hotel has when you enter. The place has been there foe ever and you feel like you are going back in time. Rooms are clean and spacious. Almost like going back to the old cowboy days..... quick one upstairs and back down to the bar... I liked the place, the wife felt she was just picked up... ha ha ha, stil a great place and close to the city centre.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at this lovely hotel
with baroque interior for 3 nights and we couldn't have asked for more. The hotel is run by family business and you really feel the personal touch. The owner's aunt decorated the house with lots of unique baroque furniture pieces- with great dedication. We also totally recommend the breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

I've stayed in the appartments of Station Hotel in June and I recommend. The rooms are spacious, classic and friendly. They have 1 kitchen, 1 spacious living room and 1 bathroom. The rooms are cleaned everyday, the wifi access is good. The only problem is that there no lift, so if you have many luggages, its a problem to go up stairs.. But in general it's a great place, well located near to the restaurants, bar clubs, post mail, and most important near to the station! It's defenitly a 4* and I recommend.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2017

If you desire is to stay in a relaxing place, good breakfast, family atmosphere, clean room with a huge bed for a couple, beautiful antiques collected by the hotel owner, parking at a very good price, exactly between Ghent and Brussels, Good Carnival end of Feb, not too many tourists, and a very good price for all this, then this is a good place for it. We walked in the city during carnival and very safe place. Then next day we drove to Ghent, which we enjoyed very much without paying the expensive hotel of this city. We returned to the hotel to relax. Then left being very content with the town, the hotel, and the owner and his hospitality which one does not find very often today. I highly recommend it if you look for that I here mention. Finally drove to Brussels and enjoyed another day in this city. The hotel is 25-30 minutes in either direction to Ghent and Brussels.

Date of stay: February 2017