“Good position and breakfast, old building and furniture”
Review of Station Hotel

Station Hotel
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Aalst
“Good position and breakfast, old building and furniture”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

The position of the hotel is perfect, only few meters far from Aalst train station, in the middle of the city and in a calm and nice place.
The hotel, instead, is old and the rooms suffer from a lack of care. The moquette on the floor was impregnated of smoke smell, and the bad scent was a constant everywhere, from the common spaces to the elevator. The furniture was old, the toilet also. I've received a bad impression from the fact that the cups gave for the tea were absolutely dirty: this, together with the smoke scent in the room gave me the sensation of lack of cleaning. Anyway, the man at the reception gave immediately a clean cup, when I noticed him the problem. And the bed furniture was clean also at the arrival, even if, during the 5 days of the stay were never changed.
The good aspect of the stay I have to notice are related to the breakfast, good and fresh, and to the centrality of the position.
The price was about 280 euro for 5 nights, not so expensive.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paola S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Orebic, Croatia
Reviewed May 12, 2012

My first impression of this hotel was not good. Plenty framed pictures of deceased owners what made me like on funeral. My appartment was in separate building on top floor. First what i am checking when enter is hot water and straight there was no hot water what was not compliment after whole day traveling (in the morning i had hot water). In bathroom was plenty cobweb. All furniture is outdated. There was no internet signal in this app. But the worse thing and huge disappointment was bedroom without doors and plenty daylight from big kitchen windows. After 5:30 AM for me there was no possibility to sleep. Hopefully only two nights I stayed there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The first and the main advantage of this hotel is that it is situated right near the train and bus station, so it was very convenient to get anywhere. The room was tidy and spacious, and so was the bathroom; also, there was a nice green garden outside. Also, we had an impression like we were the only people staying at this hotel, because we had not met anyone else. All in all, the hotel service is good, but the price could be a little lower.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Svetlana N
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed four nights at this hotel and was very disappointed. upon arrival we were greeted by the owner who was very nice and showed us to our room. The whole hotel smelt of cigarette smoke constantly and dogs as he had about six of them which were constantly barking. The room was very basic and out dated. The door to the bathroom was just a plastic slide door, the shower cubicle was tiny and the shower was just one big drip. Breakfast was ok which was served from seven till ten. We got in one evening to find that we didn't have any electric in our room and no one was there to help or sort it out so the next morning I rang reception and they could not do anything for me as she was only the cleaner. I had to dry my hair in the hallway. It got fixed whilst we were out but you don't need that happening when you are on holiday. I wouldn't go back and for 88 euro per night I would have expected a whole lot more.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
mechelen
Reviewed July 13, 2009

good service, clean rooms, in the middle of the center

• Stayed April 2007, traveled on business