“Ardennes tour”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Whist I realise this restaurant is a training ground for service staff I did expect a little more. The Maitre D seemed very upset when I didn`t want to wade my way through the massive wine list and ordered a bottle of house red, it eventually arrived 15min later.
The food was almost very good, but really, an asparagus amuse bouche followed by an asparagus starter on the set menu ? The main was nice, but came with only one tiny but delicious potato croquette and four plums stuffed with dates, also delicious but four ! really ? Dessert was somewhat miss matched as well, someone had stuffed an unpleasant and unnecessary chocolate tuile in it . With more focus this meal could have been very good but I did feel it was expensive for what it was. Lovely location though.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We were tired and hungry and planning on going into town for dinner, when we glanced at the menu and decided to dine in. We were ever so glad. She had a tasty dish of guinea fowl in honey-thyme sauce, and the entire meal was so well prepared and flavorful that we ate their our second night as well.

Chateaudenamur, Directeur général at Chateau de Namur, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Dear,

Thank you so much for your message. As a training hotel-restaurant, we are very proud to satisfy your culinary expectations !

We hope to welcome you soon,

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Always excellent.
I've been there several times with my wife and with my familly for sunday brunch.
Both are excellent.
Service is very good by young but good students. Food is following the seasons and is very good.
Wine selection is very good too.
Regarding the quality, the price is not very high

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your message! As a training hôtel-restaurant, we are very proud to meet your culinary expectations.

Hope to welcome you soon,

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We had the 4 course menu gourmand for 50 euros with the accompanying wines (22 euros). Food was really excellent (especially iberican porc with risotto was exquisite as was the fromage for dessert). The wine was ok, but nothing special. Service was excellent. Decor was charming. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I and my wife have enjoyed dinner there three times so far. Any foods, service and atmosphere there were wonderful. I am already planning next visit.

1  Thank 18,961,896