New Hotel de Lives
$67
$65
  • Restaurant
Hotel Ibis Namur Centre(Namur)(Great Value!)
$74
  • Pool
$43
$118
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We chose this hotel on the strength of its Tripadvisor reviews. My husband and I were driving from Italy to the UK, and Namur is a convenient stopover; we have previously stayed at the Chateau in the centre and at a country manor but this time wanted somewhere close to the motorway exit. In that respect, New hotel de Lives does not disappoint, unless, as I did, you punch in a digit too short in the Tom Tom for the address. The Hotel is in the thousands - Chausée de Lièges is a VERY long road and I went to the wrong end, looking for 178 instead of 1178, hence the title: as I glanced across the street I saw several illuminated shop windows with lovely ladies in various states of undress. This was 5 pm, by the way, but I did notice that the curtains were drawn at 9 a.m. next morning. It was totally unexpected as we were not in Amsterdam or Hamburg.

Once at the Hotel, we opted for the restaurant car park as opposed to the Hotel one as the rise and shale did not bode too well for a low-slung, heavy-laden car.

I concur with fellow reviewers - the dark walls in the rooms are oppressive. We were given a room facing the river but should I return I would request a room at the back as I am a light sleeper and found the noise from the road disturbing.

Apart from that, we thought this hotel offered great value for money. The breakfast buffet was most enjoyable. We took advantage of the restaurant and had an excellent boeuf bourgignonne at a very reasonable price. Service was very efficient but I am glad we speak French as it seemed to me that few linguistic concessions were made by the restaurant staff.

The hotel receptionist, on the other hand, was at great pains to welcome us in Italian.

Would we go back? Yes, for the location (now we have got it sussed) and the food.

Room Tip: Away from the road if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OstelloCorone
Catsoulis A, Manager at New Hotel de Lives, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +3281580513.

Yours sincerely,

BEST WESTERN New Hotel De Lives

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Positive:
Easy to find, free car parking, good choice of food on breakfast, competative price for bed & breakfast. Nice view outside (the hotel is located on the river bank, between hills).

Negative: n/a

Other comments:
Specific location, black walls in the rooms :)

Room Tip: There are some hotels with "window girls" on the way from the hotel to Namur. Like in Amsterdam :)
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I have to say the first impressions on pulling up in the car park was "what have we booked" as the exterior looked somewhat aged.

How wrong we were, inside the old manor house has been fully renovated and it is a lovely modern hotel.

We had a room in the main building with a view overlooking the river. The furniture was modern and contemporary yet the room was reasonably spacious as well. The bathroom only had a shower (plus the basin and WC of course) but unusually for a hotel it was a nice powerful one.

There is a small bar and the hotel has a restaurant, which we did not use but t seemed very popular.

Breakfast was served in a separate room, very light and airy and although it was a "continental" breakfast there was a much wider choice than you get in many other hotels.

The staff were, friendly and courteous and this is a hotel we would use again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BritishTraveller123
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Only stayed for one night, but glad to have found this hotel, easily reached from the motorway.
Mario checked us in and was very helpful and informative.
We had a room on the ground floor at the rear of the hotel. The décor was rather dark, but enough space for 2 and a large enough bathroom. As there was no aircon, the windows remained open and this did not present a problem overnight with traffic noise, etc, but it did not really reduce the the heat to any great degree.
The evening meal was good, although the menu choice was not extensive. The breakfast was included in the price and was adequate in its variety and good in quality, but the breakfast room itself was stiflingly and unbearably hot.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OwlsofDerision
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We staryed at this hotel last weekend...Spent two nights..whilst visiting the nearby annual Brocante in Temploux.....
Was pleasantly surprised with the location..very pretty views across the river...and along an easily assessable road...
When visiting Namur on previous occasions we had stayed either in town or further afield, so it was nice to be close enough to town to be convenient, yet further out enough to enjoy the countryside.
The hotel was reasonably priced...has a terrific restuarant where everything we had was good...including steaks, fondus and chicken dishes,,,
Staff were VERY friendly...from the Italian manager to the waitors..who all speak English very well.
One draw back was the rooms on the second floor were accessed by four flights of stairs...and as my sister has trouble mounting stairs made it a little difficult....Next time we go, and there will be a next time, we will ask for a ground floor room in the new part...
Another small problem was the refrigerator in the room was actually a mini bar..so we couldn't use it for our own drinks, milk etc..
Was great to have tea coffee facilitie in the room though
Lastly...my sister and I shared a twin room which was quite spacious..and had electronic blinds to make it quieter at night, but still able to leave the windows open..
Our friends had a double room which was rather cramped...so would advise...getting a twin and shoving the beds together if you are so inclined...
All in all I would say, great value for money.

Room Tip: Ground floor if you have trouble with climbing stairs.... Pick a twin room and push beds together as the rooms are more spacious...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends