“Reg Jans Band of Brothers Tour”

Reg Jans Battlefield Experience - Day Tours
Ranked #7 of 19 things to do in Bastogne
Reviewed December 16, 2013

What a great tour. Reg Jans was an awesome guide. His knowledge of the area and the battles and the history plus his enthusiasm were amazing. The tour includes visits to a lot of the sites of famous battles and sites that were portrayed in the tv series. It was very exciting to actually visit those places and stand in the footsteps of the men of Easy Company. I would highly recommend this tour to any fan of the Band of Brothers series.

4  Thank Richard F

Reviewed December 11, 2013

As a WW2 armor enthusiast myself, I was delighted to have done a bespoke tour with Reg back in August 2010. You would be forgiven for thinking this was his day job, given his knowledge and the passion he bring's to his subject.

Other comments I have seen regarding his tour speak for themselves. Reg was in fact recommended to me by fellow guide Roby Clam, who specialises in different sectors to Reg. I ended up doing a tour with both, as the vast area of the battle is hard to be covered by just one guide in the space of 2-3 days, given the huge numbers of separate unit actions which took place. The two very much compliment each other in terms of their knowledge and sectors they cover.

I wrote to Reg prior to my visit requesting that we follow as much as possible the route of Peiper's reinforced battle group, see some dragons teeth tank obstacles, and the site of the Malmedy massacre. He did not disappoint.

Not only could we identify the point where the lead tank (doing point on behalf of Peiper's Waffen SS column with reference to photographs) was stopped in its track's, Reg also indulged my request to recreate history by travelling through the undergrowth, near the old railway station, in our attempt to identify the US anti tank position which fired the fatal shot on the lead panzer.

A fantastic experience. Reg also maintains a great relationship with some of the veteran's who fought there (and their families) which takes a special type of person. I will certainly be calling on both him and Roby again as soon as I can get an excuse to spend some more time in Europe in the future. Thoroughly recommended, but book well in advance !!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Ray M
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Reg Jans is an outstanding tour guide, and brings enthusiasm for his subject and superb knowledge of the Battle of the Bulge to the experience. He has an eye for the terrain, a solid grasp of the human elements of both Allied and NAZI forces, and combines these elements in a fine historic synthesis of the disparate parts of the tactical elements of this battle.

Reg brought our party to Lanzerath to begin the tour, and followed Peiper's halting and frustrated efforts to fight through to the Meuse crossings. Reg made the history come alive. His treatment of the US actions to delay the assault, his understanding of the limited time available to the Germans, and his ability to deliver factual yet compelling vignettes at each site of this portion of the battlefield created a fine sense of the dramatic unraveling of the German effort.

Reg tells the story of this enormous event with a factual and direct style that leaves the participant wishing to visit the whole of the battlefield.

In the final analysis, Reg Jans is an extraordinary military historian and compelling guide.

Well done!

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My family, including my 101st Airborne Division, WWII vet grandfather, took Reg's tour. He was not only super nice and professional, but he customized the tour not only to my grandfather's regiment (502 PIR), but down to his company when he fought during the Battle of the Bulge.

He doesn't just have a passion and knowledge (which I expected), but he cares. He has kept in touch with my family to this day. He kept writing my grandfather letters and called him until he dying day. Reg possesses that rare stream of human who doesn't do this for a living. He does it because he feels compelled to, he has such an amazing passion, and respect for what he is dealing with.

Even though it was a few years ago when I went on this tour, I am still happy to call Reg my friend. He made my grandfather's last few years on earth better.

Reg is the man you want if you want the best of tours. I hope to see him soon, one of these days.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
3  Thank WovenHands
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We used Reg to spend our third trip to Bastogne. He is truly a headmaster! I think we were finally understand the extent and signifiance of the battle. Anyone wanting to visit Bastogne must have Reg guide you through the process of the battle.

1  Thank LJTDDS