“Outstanding!”

Reg Jans Battlefield Experience - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Bastogne
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Reg's tour truly is an experience you cannot miss. My wife and I ended our Belgium vacation with a pilgrimage to Bastogne. He came HIGHLY recommended by DDay Historian Paul Woodage. We took his American Highlights tour and were thoroughly impressed with his ability to cover the Battle of the Bulge and the siege of Bastogne in a comprehensive study addressing the Strategic, Operational and Tactical implications to the Allied advance through the ETO. His style brings the stories of individual units and Troopers to life on the exact locations the actions took place. He uses his extensive knowledge of the Battlespace to then tie those actions into the larger Operational picture creating a clear and informative educational experience. I would recommend him for both a professional Staff Ride or a tour for the casually interested.

1  Thank Scab16
"usa"
"german"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Reg was so helpful in assisting us find my father's WWII history. I am so grateful to him for all of his assistance and direction. He truly is a fabulous tour guide, researcher, helper, contact. I cannot recommend him more highly. He totally personalised my trip and understood our needs. His passion for military history and the Ardennes is incredible and he uses his network of knowledgeable people in the area very well to help enhance anything he may not be an expert in. Reg has become a friend post-trip and we very much look forward to returning in the next couple of years for part II of a super adventure. Thank you greatly Reg for all of your help. We could not have done it without you. I mean that sincerely.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just returned from touring with one of the best guides we have ever used in any of our travels. The Battle of the Bulge was the largest battle in this history of the US Army and with a battlefield encompassing over 2000 square miles, Reg is able to keep you on the edge of your seat with stories of heroism and bravery during this bloody battle. We toured in the comfort of his touring mini bus while Reg provided us with courteous and professional service. He is one of the best and if anybody is planning on touring the areas of “The Bulge” Reg is your guy! You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Reg Jans is the best battlefield guide in the Bastogne area bar none. I was pleasantly surprised after making my appointment for a battlefield tour by how quickly he contacted me. He asked if I had any family who fought in the war, so he could personalize the tour. After beginning our tour, we could tell quickly how much effort was put into ensuring our day was as personalized as possible. Reg has an incredible passion for not only Bastogne, but for the entire Ardennes area. His tours include incredible then and now pictures, dozens of amazing stories, (which have been told directly to him by WW2 vets) and pinpoint accuracy for various unit locations. His website offers examples of his tours along with helpful links to help with lodging, food, etc. This is especially helpful for those who have never previously been to the area.

2  Thank Chris W
See more reviews
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had the privilege to tour with Mr. Jans and I must say, his intimate and highly detailed knowledge of this historic area and its battlefields left me in awe of his knowledge and even more so, his deep respect and admiration for the heroes who fought, and gave their lives there. He speaks of the history as if he experienced it firsthand himself. Truly inspiring to witness such knowledge and passion. In getting around Bastogne and the surrounding area, there were no problems, as Mr. Jans knew every backroad, trail and village. Travel to and from was enjoyable and enlightening, hearing countless stories as we wevaed through such historic areas.

For my time and money, there's no one better in terms of touring Bastogne. Mr. Jans is truly the leading tour guide for this area. His also has friendships with preeminent historians that continually partner with him to further his knowledge. Lastly, I must say that Mr. Jans respect and admiration for our WWII Veterans is something that really struck a chord with me. He's a humble and grateful man, who's dedicated his life to making sure the sacrifices of our Greatest Generation are never forgotten. Indeed, the history of our Heroes are in great hands.

I give my highest recommendations to all. Touring with Mr. Jans is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.