“Our best meal, without hesitation, in Belgium and the Netherlands”
Review of Terra Terrae

Terra Terrae
Ranked #12 of 755 Restaurants in Liege
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2017

As a traveler who loves great food, I always research dining options and search out the best restaurants in each city. When visiting Liege was in our plans, my research led me to Terra, Terrae. Wow! I think wow is the best description. Before continuing, I can tell you – without hesitation - that our dinner at Terra, Terrae was our best meal during our trip through Belgium and the Netherlands. We dined at Michelin starred restaurants in Amsterdam and the meals at those restaurants did not even come close to the dining perfection that is Terra, Terrae.

How good was it? After two weeks, I can tell you what we had for each course. Each course was inventive, delicious, and beautifully presented. Compliments go to the culinary mind behind this restaurant. Every course was prepared to perfection!

The service was perfect. Our server provided excellent recommendations and provided the perfect professional and efficient service.

Highly recommended!

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Luxury1Georgia

Reviewed April 5, 2017

Tucked away in a small and quiet street,Terra Terra is only 5 minutes away from the cathedral. Although it was quiet when we went , I can imagine this place being quite busy at the week end with locals and tourists. Our meal was delicious ans so were the different amuse bouches. Everything was cooked perfectly and the lady looking after us was friendly and helpful. We shall go back next time we are in Liège without hesitation. There are many restaurants in Liège but a very few as good as this one.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed November 23, 2016

The restaurant isn't on a main street or plaza but it is no more than a 5 minute walk from the Liege Cathedral. They offered a lunch menu for 17-ish euro however, my husband and I selected the 4 course set menu for the table. We were treated to parmesan mousse (an amuse bouche), seared swordfish with an apple-ginger ragout, pheasant on red onion broccoli risotto, iberico pork with two different sauces, and kiwi ice cream & chocolate mousse married together with a passion fruit coulis. We brought our young daughter and our intent was to simply shared food from our plates but the kitchen very graciously made her tiny plates of the amuse bouche, appetizer and gave her a whole dessert on her own. (Honestly, I was very glad to share the other courses with her because the serving sizes of each course were quite large.) The wait staff was understanding and helpful even though my French is extremely limited.

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed August 28, 2016 via mobile

We were a group of 6 and we all agreed that the rib-eye was very well cut and prepared and came with a splendid mix of vegetables and mushrooms. Excellent service and cosy restaurant. Worth visiting.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed October 10, 2015 via mobile

Place seemed to come very recommended and said booking essential. We booked to 7pm and when we left at 9pm we were only people present which affected the experience. That
Said the food was very good and the service was attentive. Location a little off the beaten track.

Date of visit: October 2015
Jifizzle, Propriétaire at Terra Terrae, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2015

Madam, Sir, dear customer,

Thank you very much for your comment, I am glad to hear that you enjoy our food and our service. You came a monday, and you were indeed our only customers that night. On the week ends we are essentially working in a full dining room, and we have to refuse people on a regular basis. During the week, as we are quite new in town (2 years now) we never know what to expect, from 0 to 30 customers. And I cannot blame you for saying that dining alone "affected your experience", it can be an awkward feeling...

As I cannot apologize for not having any other customer that night, I can just feel sorry, both for you, and me, through the 3/5 note that you give us for a "very good food and attentive service", knowing that my job was done.

We look forward to welcome you another time, in a cheerful, crowded dining room this time !

Best regards,