All reviews cobblestone alley lovely hotel central area the ground floor wooden beams old building belgian fries walking distance room was spacious bohemian centre reception taxi comfort kettle
Reviewed August 6, 2016

I would give this hotel 6 stars if I could...

We arrived jet lagged and tired after an overnight flight from Canada. The hotel is an oasis of tranquility. Although we arrived ahead of the normal check in time, the room was ready soon. The woman at the reception was very calm, kind, helpful and pleasant. She gave us some tourist and restaurant tips and showed us how everything in the room worked.

The hotel is very newly renovated in a very old building. We were in room #3 at the top, window onto the courtyard. It is a family room, with a loft above with 2 single beds and a half bath. This was great for us travelling as a couple with a teenager.

The room was SUPER quiet at night. We crashed early and slept late and never heard a sound.

The buffet breakfast at 16 euros was fantastic. Everything you could want.

We had an exceptional stay at this little boutique hotel. We felt safe, it was quiet and very beautiful. Great location for exploring the old historical part of town.

Room Tip: If travelling with a family, definitely check out the family room
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Biochem_Chick
Reviewed July 13, 2016

This wonderfull boutique hotel, open since 2 or 3 years, is just a jewell ! The service is relax, cool, but really professional. The location could seem strange, but it's a part of the charming ambiance. A really like the melting pot of architectural style, level, rooms size, it's an authentical belgian beauty stylish hotel. I loved it.

Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 10, 2016

Hotel Neuvice is a beautiful property in between the streets in Liege. A large black door with secured system welcomes you. I really like the way the door opens. The front desk staff is friendly and speaks both English and French.

We booked the deluxe room for 2 nights and it was nice. There are many windows in the room but don't expect any view though. This hotel is small and cosy. A mini bar with everything well equipped. The hotel also provides a kettle which is cute. Also, nice big chairs at the lobby area of the hotel. There are many local shops in the alley and along the main street, many shops and restaurants. The only thing is the stairs leading to the rooms. They are small and narrow. Definitely not suitable for elderly or people with many luggage. Even without luggage I felt it difficult to walk up.

Our tv wasn't working on the second day but the front desk lady was so kind to come immediately to assist us with it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are quieter but it will be quite a challenge to walk up
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2016

This gem is down a cobblestone alley in the center of old Liege, a few steps from the river and more restaurants and shops than you could ever want. It is peculiarly modern and hip and lovely while being built in a jumble of old buildings. They serve a wonderful breakfast buffet - you could get breakfast cheaper, but probably not much better. The staff is great. My room was modest, but comfortable, new and more than adequate. The only downside is that the neighborhood switches from being hip and busy during the day and on weekends to a bit urban sketchy when everything closes down.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are up narrow stairs, so get a lower one if this matters to you.
Stayed: May 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric D
Reviewed May 9, 2016 via mobile

Oh my Goodness what a gem of a hotel in the centre of liage . Thanks to my daughter and her boyfriend who live in Liage for booking it for us I don't think they have stayed there themselves however what a fabulous choice. A little Tardis. You do not expect to see what you do when you enter the massive door from the Alleyway. It is a stunningly beautiful welcoming hotel. The lady owner cannot do enough for you. We only stayed one night as we were passing through after visiting our daughter. However I wish it could have been longer . The room we were in was up a short flight of stairs but it was no problem as we only had a overnight bag. It was Beautifully laid out with such a comfortable bed and beautifully presented bathroom. The decor was very new looking and modern much to our taste exceptionally high quality . We had breakfast in the morning too in the beautifully appointed breakfast room down stairs with a great selection of French fare. I asked for porridge how boring I hear you ask but for my diet that is what I would of liked. However they did not have any so I ate eggs which were fab too.we along with my daughter and her boyfriend all ate the breakfast. We would highly recommend this hotel. A must see whilst in Liage. The only down side for us was we thought we had been quoted a Bed with breakfast rate when it was in fact an extra. No biggy really. Just a bit confusing at checkout .

Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple