“Best and worst place”
Review of L'Ecailler

L'Ecailler
Reserve with
L'Ecailler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 653 Restaurants in Liege
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Service very cold, food quality not constant. We had a good experience and after that we had a bad experience with not well cooked fish.

There are newer reviews for L'Ecailler

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ate here years ago and wanted to come back the next time I came to Liege! Still very good I am pleased to report. We reserved in advance and asked for a "bonquet" table downstairs as the room is beautifully decorated in a Parisian bistrot style and has an elegant charm. We both ate fish and both thoroughly enjoyed the experience - even though I am normally a meat man... Service was very good - old style waiters and maitre d. Shame it is likely to be a few more years before I next pass through this city...

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was taken here for dinner by a local relative. Since I don't speak French, I had to rely on their assistance ordering. However, the waiter did eventually provide an English menu, but you'll probably need to know enough French to ask for the English menu. The food was exceptional. A wide variety of seafood. Also great desserts. Located in the heart of town within walking distance of the Crowne Plaza. I highly recommend, especially if you know some basic French.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I was recently lucky enough to be taken to this restuarant by my Belgian colleagues. The restuarant is a real delight. The staff provided a great welcome and the meal started with a small tray of tasters - not sure what they all were, but very delicious. Seafood was then eaten by all of our party and every dish looked and tasted fantastic. No idea about value for money since I did not pay the bill. Certainly hope to return when I next visit Liege. Strongly recommended.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

After returning to Liege, my wife and I were so happy to dine again l'Ecallier, a faboulous seafood restaurant. We had prawn tails with delicate curry paste, a giant grillade of cod fish, salmon and seabass and nice wine.