Ramada Plaza Liege City Center
$79
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
$83
All reviewsthe rivernice hotelmain roadminute walkbig hotelcouple of nightssunday morningstayed one nightroom was spaciouscoach tripovernight stopcar parkthe air conditioningbusiness tripnight's sleepmeatballsby foot
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed two nights,one on the way to Austria and the second on our way home,as when arriving after a very long drive from the UK we were in formed by Leger (Tour company) that no food would be available {Found later that there was indeed food as another group also with Leger were fed although at their expense} Our Driver asked who would like to eat in the restraunt,25 agreed they would,so he called and booked tables,ala carte but of course we should have to pay.
Tired and hungry we all came down only to find that we were crammed into the tiny bar section,some were turned away and one old chap was sent down the road to a market to buy food!!!!.
Alacarte in Belgium seem to mean "We will choose a set meal from anything we have left over & charge you 20euro a head!!. amazed at the main course which consisted of two large ball's of something apparently related to beef {Not popular with the vegetarians} that had little or no taste,dollop of almost liquid mashed potato with a quarter tomato on top and a very strange overcooked veg mix. I have to say I left most on the plate and have to say I am amazed that I even accepted this situation....perhaps so tired I had lost the will. Spoke with our tour guide who shrugged,guess he was as fed up as us...then desert arrived,tiny fruit salad that was almost certainly left over from breakfast. Sad stuff LEGER & RAMADA.

Staff were like a cross between Fawlty towers & Monty python,at both dinner and breakfast,breakfast was mainly for the non Brit's, so if you like to start the day with cooked food you option this and the first day would have been Scrambled egg and Bacon,no toast available this morning.
Rooms were nice,air con worked well,had tea & coffee facilities in the room and the bath/shower room even had face flannels.
People seem to like this place so I have to assume that is a different service for the cattle class travelers such as us,so,would I go their again?,probably but not as a tour group.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side and rear do have windows that can be opened,as a fresh air freak we both enjoy cold night air so was good for us.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoyL65
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to write this comment. Be assured that I have discussed your comment with our F&B Manager and the necessary actions have been taken to avoid this situation in the future. I will contact Leger in order to be organize when the coach do not have a meal included. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you.
Hope to be able to welcome you again in our hotel in Liège.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2013

I only stayed at this hotel for one night on way to and from Austria but found it was very good. I only went for bed and breakfast, but was very impressed. The room was excellent, a bottle of water and a complementary refreshment tray providied which I think is unusual in hotels in europe. I would certainly use this hotel again. It is situated along the canal and within easy reach of the town.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the canal are very good and not in any way noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank duheltrut
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely hope to welcome you again at the Ramada Liège, in the near future.

I take this opportunity to wish my best wishes for 2014.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well situated, just a short walk into the centre of Liège and right next to the river. It's perfect for seeing the Christmas markets (the reason for our trip). The decor is modern and the rooms are spotless.

Staff were brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

Couldn't fault this hotel - 10 out of 10!

Stayed: December 2013
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am very happy that you had an enjoyable stay in Ramada Plaza Liège. I will share these comments with my team and hope to be able to welcome you in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Vanessa S, Gérant at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Reviewed November 25, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Vanessa S, Directeur général at Ramada Plaza Liege City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013