I stayed here for work for 2 lots of 4 nights (mon-thurs) in September 2012. The hotel seemed to be in an ok location, I didn't go into town since I was here for work, so I am unsure how far away it is to the centre. It was 10-15€ from the main train station in a taxi to the hotel. From the outside the hotel doesn't look too special, but inside it is clean, modern and bright. Very nice and comfortable. The hotel seems to mainly accommodate business people and coach trips (if a coach trip is in, you might want to find out what time they are eating and get down before them!). There are 3 tv channels in English, bbc1, 2 and CNN. And all rooms seem to have (free) safes.
The first week I was in room 430. The room was nice, clean and spacious. It was also silent on a night time which was good for me as I am a very light sleeper (although I did have to stick a piece of card over the digital clock on the tv as it gave out so much light during the night!). The views from this room weren't great, a derelict building and a grey skyline, but since people have complained of the noise from the rooms with a view, I'm happy enough with this room.
I had breakfast one morning (at around 7.15am) and it was tasty, with plenty of choice, all self service.
I had room service too, which was also tasty, and was delivered within a good time frame and was hot.
My only dissapointment the first week was that the restaurant for some reason was not open so there was only bar food, which is the same menu as room service. Also all the desserts on the menu are either warm, or with ice cream, so unsuitable for room service.
The second week I was in room 242. Unfortunately this happened to be right next to some sort of function/conference room. The first night (Monday) I had people outside my room laughing and talking loudly after midnight which was quite annoying when I was up early for work. Also, the cleaners started hovering and talking loudly in the same room early (before 7am) each day. If you are a light sleeper, like to go to bed early, or like to have a lie in, I would suggest trying to ask for a room on the higher floors where there are no conference rooms present. This room was smaller than the first and although still comfortable, there was very little space to get between the bed, bathroom door and luggage rack. I also found this bathroom a little smelly and the shower (over bath) was in a bit of a alcove and was quite dark.
I did not order room service this week, but ate in the bar. Food was quite good, although I wouldn't say it was as nice as the week before. It was also dissapointing that I ordered a dessert then to be told that there was no ice cream.
All in all it was an ok stay, better than some other hotels in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Ramada Plaza Hotel Liege! The hotel is a beautifully converted 17th-century convent located in the historic city centre on the banks of the river La Meuse. Our centrally located, 4-star hotel is less than 15 minutes walk from the central station and shopping area. FREE internet access for all guests. Only a few minutes by car from the Liege airport, the industrial parks of Herstal, Vise, Angleur and Sart Tilman are within easy reach. The university of Liege is also close by. Motorways to Germany, Holland, France, Luxembourg, Brussels and Liege are accessible within a short space of time and we offer free hotel parking for guests. Liege offers a wealth of tourist, cultural and commercial attractions all year round. With a great selection of museums, shows, exhibitions, concerts and gastronomic delights! We look forward to ensuring our guests experience a truly enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Ramada Plaza Liege City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Liege City Hotel
- Ramada Hotel Liège
- Liège Ramada
- Plaza Liege City Center Ramada