“Never Again!”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Chester, United Kingdom
“Never Again!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This has to be the worse hotel (of many hundreds) I have ever stayed at. We stayed on an stopover back to the UK and after a long day of driving it was a major disappointment.
Firstly there was no air conditioning in the room and as such, was unbearably hot. We were even reduced to using wet towels to try and reduce body temperature.
Secondly the standard of the food was unbelievably poor. We had a set meal which consisted of a boiled chicken breast, frozen chips, frozen peas and carrots. I would expect better food than this for school dinners let alone a Best Western Hotel.
To make matters worse we had pre-ordered a vegetarian meal which failed to be delivered. Despite the reluctance of the staff to do anything about this, other than try to brush us aside, we were finally given a plate 'the chef had just prepared' - to our horror this consisted of the same poor frozen meal with the exception of the chicken.
If I was the chef I would have been ashamed to serve such a meal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter0304

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Wales, UK
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed for one night as a stopover in Belgium in this fine hotel. The room was excellent with very comfortable bed, flat screen tv, coffee making facility. On arrival I was able to borrow some swimming trunks and a robe and I was able to relax in the hotel's superb indoor pool complete with jacuzzi.
Later I met up with my companions from our excursion coach and we had a few beers and a meal which was on the pricey side with the staff struggling to cope with 33 hungry travellers. Breakfast was in the obligatory buffet style but was quite good.
I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Post Hotel for 1 night as part of another holiday. Having stayed for 1 night at other Hotels and been very disappointed, we were extremely pleased with this Hotel. The building was very inviting to look at, the Reception Staff were very pleasant, friendly and professional. In fact, all the Staff, room service, bar and restaurants were top class with perfect attitudes.
The bedroom was on the ground floor, was spotlessly clean, adequate size and complete with bathroom accessories. there was also tea/coffee making facillites and comfortable beds.
We arrived after 9pm and the reataurant was still open, but we took advantage of a hot snack in the bar area adjacent to the restaurant. I would recommend the mushroom omelette, which was delicious and excellent value for money with french fries or other potato choice.
Breakfast was an excellent choice of tasty hot and cold selection, with something, I am sure for even the most fussy guests.
I would recommend this Hotel without hesitation and thank the Staff for an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The lift is quite small, so if you have mobility problems, ask for a ground floor room and Staff wil...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed in lots of Best Westerns over the years usually better than this one, it is in need of re-furbishment. Reception staff pleasant but the bar staff hit and miss - we ordered ham sandwiches and got ham omlette - next table to us ordered ham omlette and got mushroom omlette with chips. ordered soup and roll got - lo and behold ham omlette so if you like omlettes no problem. Breakfast was chaos with things all over the place and everyone trying to find where everything was! The beds were comfortable and room clean - okay for stopover but that is all - not up to other Best Western standards.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bilbao
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Chosen last minute for an overnight stay en-route to Germany because of its proximity to the motorway. I was a little concerned by the rather out of date exterior but the room was clean, the bed comfortable and the reception staff and manager friendly and helpful.
The restaurant last orders was 10pm and although I arrived a couple of minutes before then I had to insist with the waiter before he agreed to get me a steak and "frites". But no complaints when it came.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle,UK
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Lovely clean hotel with friendly staff. The bar staff friendly. The lounging area very welcoming. Again we expected a continental breakfast and was pleasantly surprised by the vast amount of different breakfast dishes, including bacon and eggs. We would deffinitely return to this hotel, well worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travelled twice in March 2013 to Liege for business and each time stayed for two nights at the Post Hotel. The hotel was chosen for me, because of the location, being the closest to our customer in Herstal, where there is a large business park, but I was agreeably surprised by the hotel and enjoyed my stay both times.

The rooms, while older in style, are very comfortable, and everything is totally spick and span, it's one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.

There was a good breakfast, and I also had dinner there every night, so four nights in total - it was excellent every time.

There is an indoor swimming pool in a separate wing, it looks nice, although I didn't try it out, mostly for lack of time.

The staff were, without exception, extremely friendly and helpful. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business