“Very Pleasing”

Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Newcastle,UK
“Very Pleasing”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Lovely clean hotel with friendly staff. The bar staff friendly. The lounging area very welcoming. Again we expected a continental breakfast and was pleasantly surprised by the vast amount of different breakfast dishes, including bacon and eggs. We would deffinitely return to this hotel, well worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I travelled twice in March 2013 to Liege for business and each time stayed for two nights at the Post Hotel. The hotel was chosen for me, because of the location, being the closest to our customer in Herstal, where there is a large business park, but I was agreeably surprised by the hotel and enjoyed my stay both times.

The rooms, while older in style, are very comfortable, and everything is totally spick and span, it's one of the cleanest hotels I've stayed in.

There was a good breakfast, and I also had dinner there every night, so four nights in total - it was excellent every time.

There is an indoor swimming pool in a separate wing, it looks nice, although I didn't try it out, mostly for lack of time.

The staff were, without exception, extremely friendly and helpful. I'd certainly stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed March 2, 2013

One night stop over here which was very close to the customer we had to see that day and return the following morning. Do not be deceived at first look because although the overall look is indeed older and the rooms are older I was very satisfied with this hotel. The hotel staff was friendly, the restaurant area was clean and breakfast was very good. The room was also very clean and comfortable and no complaints with the WIFI service which is a plus! I can't add anything to location suggestions because I am unfamiliar with the area. Regardless you will not be disappointed with this hotel and for my first visit to the area I was very satisfied.

UK, Yorkshire
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I first stayed here some 25 years ago when it was a THF site. It's showing some age particularly in the rooms but the staff were excellent pulling points back. I arrived after midnight, without a reservation.....'no trouble at all sir'
This is a stopover one night only hotel, service is good, food was good and really convenient if heading Brussels to Germany

I will stay again, although I would encourage the owners to invest in the site now.

Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a one night stop over on a coach tour. The hotel is an older one with hints it used to be part of the Trusthouse Forte group, although today it appears to be part of a spanish chain. The rooms were clean but dated in decor, but there was free WiFi. We had a meal arranged at 7:30pm so we went to the bar, this experiance was best described as chaos, with only one person able to understand the mixture of my school boy french and English to be able to get the drinks, I know I should try to learn more and varied I wouldn't stay for more than one or two frankly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Beit She'an, Israel
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Once again, I arrived at this Hotel late at night (11pm) and it was quiet. I had rented a car at Brussels Airport and it had taken about 45 minutes or so to reach. The Hotel is a few kilometers North of Liege, just off the E40 Motorway and is very convenient to get to.
There was one guy at reception, and he dealt with me quickly.
I was given a room on the 2nd floor looking out over the Car park. The room itself was cold when I walked in. There was not Air conditioning , but instead a radiator on the wall, and it was off. With the temperature outside at about minus 4 degrees C, it’s no surprise that the room would be chilly. I turned it on and within 20 minutes or so it was warm.
In the room there was a good sized double bed, a 2 seater sofa, a small armchair, a desk( with a 32” LCD TV on it), a coffee table, a suitcase rack and a small-ish wardrobe. All were in a good state and the place seemed clean. I turned on my laptop and immediately connected up with the free wi-fi.
The bathroom was clean, 3 medium to thin towels were on the rails, and there were a couple of boxed bars of Best Western soap. There were a few cracks in the ceiling and there was a patch of green mold on the ceiling immediately above the bath. The Shower was taken from the bath tap and it was an old (and leaky) shower head, with low pressure. There was a dispenser on the wall next to the bath that had Shampoo/Shower Gel in. The shower was just about passable, but really not very good.
The bed was comfortable, but on wheels that meant even the slightest push (when, for example, sitting on the side of the bed taking off your shoes), lead to the thing moving. This was a bit of a pain in the neck.
The TV had lots of channels but I did not really watch much.
In the morning, there was a little bit of noise noticeable coming from the Motorway, but nothing too bad. There was a load screeching noise (from water/air going through the pipes) coming from the toilet or shower from one of the rooms around me. I heard it at 12 o’clock at night, it lasted 1 minute and I did not hear it again.
Breakfast was continental. Cereal was somewhat limited (with cornflakes and cheerios only), There was also fruit, yogurts and all the other things that anyone might want.
I checked out straight after breakfast.
Would I stay here again if I was in the area? Perhaps, but probably I would search for somewhere else that got better reviews!

Hartlepool, UK
Reviewed January 25, 2013

After having travelled all day (12 hrs.) we were given our room which had hard beds, but with being too tired to complain we settled in with a meal that was at best edible. After dinner we retired for what was left of the evening, only deciding to get a coffee and tea from the bar at 22:50, before going to bed. The Bar person, stated that the bar was closed despite a notice clearly stating that it closed at 23:00 hrs. After having travelled as far as we had that was the last straw for me. I have stayed at this hotel before, and recieved exactly the same treatment from the same barman before. We got our coffee and tea only after the duty manager intervened and told the barman to serve us. The following morning the breakfast service was poor with insuffiscient food for everyone on our tour to have a full English. Think twice before staying here!! The only gratifying thing about this Hotel was the intervention of the duty manager and the staff who initially greeted us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family