“Confortable”

Husa de la Couronne
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Liege
Reviewed August 8, 2013

First of all this hotel is just in front of the train station. So if you travel by train very convenient. By the way it's close to the station but no noise, very quiet. The room was nice and clean with a queen bed very comfortable. The staff is very nice. I will return anytime.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Read such great reviews so was disappointed. Location - by train station - is fine, though not a fun area. Our toilet was plugged - would not flush. Not fun. We returned from a full day out at 6pm - room was not yet organized. They knocked on the door at 6:20pm. Staff is very nice and accomodating. Bed was too soft for my taste. Breakfast was very expensive - 16 Euro per per person - we didn't take it. Note that parking is an additional 10 Euro per night.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet. Our room was.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shir-the-traveller
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Warm, welcoming, friendly, efficient and a superb location as well as a great price/quality ratio. You can't ask for more!

Like a total wally, I left my house keys in the safe, they were delivered to me in Spain three days later. The staff are wonderful - nothing is too much trouble.

We found the breakfast a little pricey for what was on offer, but there are numerous local alternatives and some great little cafés for intimate suppers too!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I was surprised by how nice his hotel was. The price was great! It sits right across the street from the train station, but I couldn't tell. Location was so convenient that I would not have complained even if I had heard a bit of noisy. The room was large and very clean and up to date. Had a view of the court yard, but did not spend any time in it. In fact when ever I looked out, I never saw anyone using this area. Service was good and everyone very helpful. Nice little restaurant around the corner with drip coffee.. (something rather difficult to find in Europe) I would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The hotel is right beside the train station, but has good sound installation and despite my room facing the station I hardly heard anything. The hotel looks like it was very recently built and is attractively decorated. It looks like a business hotel but is much cheaper than most business hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

When we arrive we was wondering if we got the right place. It was better than we imagined. It was newly built and had modern furnishing and fixtures. Everything about it was excellent. The tv worked great as well as the wifi internet. The bathroom was ultra cool and had a dove shower gel dispenser, they even gave out packs of razors and toothbrushes and paste! The view from the window wasnt great but we werent bothered.

We didnt book breakfast but went down to see what it was like and it had the most amazing spread of anything you can think of and we regretted not having any!

They also had a atrium type room in which the rooms surrounded where we relaxed and the lighting was very ambient, it was a pleasure!

There is a very good Quickburger chain a few metres down the road which we tried, as well as a shop on the opposite side of road which had everything. Also the world class train station is about 50 meters away!! Excellent.

The only down side is that i realised after they charged me for my deposit even though i had already paid it previously, but i let it go because we had a great time staying there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank BVH123
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The hotel is great!
The rooms are very clean and nice. the bed is very comfortable.
There is safe in the room and a hair dryer and everything you need in a good hotel but with price tag of a "bad" one.
The price is very good, it's a good VFM. we paid 78 euro for a double room.
The lady at the reception was very welcoming and nice. she spoke English very well (which is a bonus on this side of the country ;) )

One negative thing that we found:
we did have a problem at my parents room - we had a kettle with tea and coffee.
My parents didn't have one, so when i asked over the phone, (the other)the lady at the reception had very bad English and said something weird about it and didn't help at all... She said that some rooms have a tea and coffee kit and some don't, she doesn't know which room has what so she can't help. It was a weird conversation.

But overall it's a great hotel to stay in when you need to be close to the train.
the city center is not so far away and it's a lovely walk along side the river.
Liege is a great city as well!

I recommend this hotel!