“Traditional but reliable Italian Restaurant with an owner who takes care of his customers”
Review of Dai Cugini

Dai Cugini
Ranked #145 of 257 Restaurants in Hasselt
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a special one for me. I started my career as young technician and had a few of my customers around the corner. So I came here once or twice a week for lunch. I never had a bad experience. Now a days I only come here a few times a year. Now I have the time to go in the menus and enjoy an evening long from the finest Italian dishes and wines. Pasta, salads, meat or fish: all at a high level. Come here for relaxing and the good flavors not for show and the latest cooking techniques. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 19, 2012

20 years ago it was the favorite restaurant of my daughters for special occasions. It still is very good. Tonight we had the pasta menu : first a mise en bouche (even before we had ordered an aperitif) followed by an excellent dish of ravioli with baked speck, as a 2nd starter tagliatelli vongole, a main with choice of grilled steak with rucola & parmigiano or (my wife’s choice was even better) salmon semi crudo with spinach and macedoine of beans & other vegs, accompanied by pasta or chips or rice. Followed by a dessert (or cheese) freely chosen from the menu, a double cappuchino and accompanied by a large quantity of honest house wines, water and a free grappa. We spend less than €150 for two and were very satisfied.

Reviewed June 19, 2012

While the food is great, and the staff is very friendly, the big prices will probably keep me from going back any time soon. 2.95€ for a Coke is way overpriced in Hasselt.
We went there on a special deal that gave us 50% off on a 4 course dinner, and the food was very good. The owner is always friendly, service can be a tad on the slow side but is enjoyable overall. It's definitely not an Italian restaurant anymore, at least not menu-wise. They serve pretty much anything out of the French / Belgian / Italian kitchen.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

One of the more traditional choices when looking for a restaurant in Hasselt, but still a good one. Service can be mediocre but the food is good.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

This restaurant is an institute in Hasselt. It's the preferred restaurant of my family.
I'm not sure if this is really an Italian restaurant. Although the, frequently changing, menu always has several Italian specialties listed, I have the impression the meals are a little bit adapted to Belgian/French flavours. Also you will find some classical dishes (goose liver, scallops, lobster, ...) all year round, but seasonally prepared.
"Real" Italian or not, the food and wines are very good at a reasonable price. I wonder why this restaurant isn't rated in any major gourmet-guide. Anyhow, the restaurant doesn't need ratings in the Michelin since it's always crowded. So make a reservation before you go.