“Pleasant modern hotel with just a couple of issues” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt

You added Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Torenplein 8, Hasselt 3500, Belgium (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Hasselt
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Surrey
“Pleasant modern hotel with just a couple of issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

A modern business type hotel , quite centrally located. Rooms comfortable with a bit of an interesting designer touch. Check in very efficient but check out not, as only one person on desk with a long queue. Eventually someone else turned up to help.
We were told the downstairs bar area did not open until 7.30 but in fact opened at 6.30 . Then was a constant struggle to keep trying to attract the attention of one of the restaurant waitresses to get served. Also the draught beer ran out which is exactly what happened last time I stayed there. The Top floor bar is more popular because of the view and the fresh air on the terrace.
Breakfast was very good with a large choice of alternative food. However coffee pots seemed to be in very short supply and there had to be numerous requests to the staff for more coffee.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
MMosselman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying again at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt and sharing your feedback here on Tripadvisor.

It pleases me to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and especially liked the location of the hotel, our rooms and super breakfast buffet.

I would like to apologize for the experienced inconveniences during you bar visit and upon check-out and will assure you your feedback will be used wisely to avoid these things from happening in the future.

Here at the Radisson Blu Hotel, we thank you for your shown trust in us and are looking forward welcoming you back again in the future!

Mark Mosselman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Exeter
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I attended a conference at the Radisson Blu for work.

Nice staff - friendly and eager to help. Delicious food with an excellent menu - waiting staff happy to advise. Comfortable beds with quiet rooms and free wifi.

Great location to go out in the evenings, allthough the lounge bar is quite cool too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt and the feedback you shared on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy to see that we have succeeded to convince you off the service we deliver and the product itself and you are able to look back on a successfull business trip.

Here at the Radisson Blu Hotel we thank you for your trust and look forward welcoming you back again whenever your travel brings you to the area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

The past couple of years I have been travelling several times to Hasselt for business, and have stayed in several hotels in the city. Product, staff and service at the Radisson have always been very good and the very centrally location is a plus too. There has been some issues with the stability of the internet in the past, but recently they have switched to another system which works much faster and easier now. These things and the bar on the top floor make this hotel the place in town for me.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your choosing the Radisson Blu Hotel for your stay in Hasselt and your excellent review on Tripadvisor.

It is with great pleasure that I have read your review and it delights me to see that yet again we have been able to bring across our true Yes I Can philosophy and gained another ambassador for our hotel.

On behalf of the entire Radisson Blu team I would like to thank you for your trust and am looking forward welcoming you back in the future.

Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Due to a minor injury, I was on crutches during my one night stay.
I would like to thank and congratulate the hotel personnel that helped me throughout the entire evening. Without my asking, they went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible, giving me accessibility tips, bringing chairs when they saw me standing up, helping me up the stairs, carrying my belongings and overall being extremely friendly. Never before have I experienced such a warm and friendly welcome at a hotel.
Thank you!

Additionally: clean and modern room, very comfortable bed, nice breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
MMosselman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt and sharing your excellent feedback here on Tripadvisor.

It is with great pleasure to read that the Radisson Blu team has been able to convince you of their true "Yes I Can" service and you have had a rememberable stay with us.

Me and my team are looking forward welcoming you back in the future, whenever you will be coming back to the region.

Sibiu, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is in a great location for the bars and shops of Hasselt, it does not have its own parking but there is an underground parking garage right next to the hotel with a lift into the hotel reception.
Rooms are modern and comfortable and the higher floors have a great view of the city, the rooftop bar was not open the day I stayed due to the fact that it was booked for a corporate function, which was a shame. The staff were friendly and efficient, i didn't eat in the restaurant but I did have a drink in the bar which was comfortable with efficient service but a little pricey.
I only had on gripe, while I was in the bar everyone else was given a bowl of bar snacks when they ordered their drinks, I didn't receive one so feeling a little peckish when I ordered ny next drink I asked the waitress for a bowl. the next day when I checked out i saw in addition to the drinks on my bill a 3 euro charge for a bar snack, apparently because I asked for them rather than being given them like everyone else in the bar I was charged for my bowl of bar snacks. I queried this and the charge was taken off my bill by the receptionist with no problems but still a little annoying.
I would stay again, it is in a really good location and hopefully I can enjoy the rooftop bar next time

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
MMosselman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Gareth,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt and sharing your feedback on Tripadvisor.

It is a pleasure to hear that overall you have been very satisfied with your stay and would choose us again when you come back to our region.

I would like to apologize once for more for the inconvenience you encountered in the bar. For sure we will see into this and do what is needed to avoid from happening in the future.

On behalf of the entire team I thank you for your trust and look forward welcoming you again upon your next visit.

General manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

This hotel suits business occassions. The roof top terrace is a usp, but when I stayed here it was exclusively rented out for a Company event. This was not mentioned upon booking. The restaurant Koper is OK and staff is friendly. Shower had no hot water, which is not good!!!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
MMosselman, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Hotel and giving us your feedback on your stay.

I am sorry to hear that you have been affacted by the water problem we have had during your stay where for a short period not hot water was available for our guests. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back when you will be travelling again to this region!

Genereal Manager
hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great location for the local shops and bars and eateries. The top floor of this hotel has a 360 degree bar area with fantastic views. The staff remember your name when you come back each time which is a nice touch. Very good staff. Rooms are modern and well fitted with everything that you need.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your loyalty and trust in the Radisson Blu Hotel when you are coming to Hasselt.

I am delighted reading your excellent feedback here on Tripadvisor and knowing that we have delivered our promise once again.

My team and I are looking forward welcoming you back again many times when your travel brings you to Hasselt.

Genereal Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hasselt
Holiday Inn Hasselt
Vous Le Vous
Vous Le Vous
#4 of 11 in Hasselt
4.5 of 5 stars 30 reviews

Been to Radisson Blu Hotel, Hasselt? Share your experiences!