All reviews cobbled street the main square no lift pastries centre of town lovely hotel central location bars and restaurants staff were very helpful private parking old building place to stay fresh fruit salad choice of cereals good size small hotel road noise
Selected filters
Reviewed March 18, 2019

The bedroom was large, well furnished and quiet. The hotel is spotlessly clean.

I enjoyed the breakfast. There was a good choice of cereals, rolls, pastries, fruit, tea and coffee, etc.

The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable about where to go around the city.

The hotel is conveniently located in the city centre and very close to the cathedral, museums and Belfry. It is a short walk from the railway station (it took me about 15 minutes).

Overall it is an excellent hotel and a great place to stay.

Room tip: I booked a superior room which was very large with a seating area.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2019 via mobile

This hotel is very unique, comfortable and we had a great stay here over 2 nights. It is close to Grand Place and other main attractions in Tournai. We would stay here again. We were in one of the unique art rooms that was really nicely decorated.

Date of stay: January 2019
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Years ago, I had a short business meeting at this hotel and thought the location was great to visit Tournai. I was also impressed by the building, a nice hotel with courtyard.
My wife and I went for a weekend to visit Tournai. I confirm the strong points are the location and the building. But that's it unfortunately. We had one of the most expensive rooms as the hotel was nearly full. It was a very large room, but they had to furnish it on a low budget. The carpet is something I wouldn't even put in a student room. The hotel decoration is all like a missed opportunity. They manage to kill the potential of the building. This is not a small hotel, but there is nobody at the reception. You always have to ring and wait for someone to show up. The breakfast room is way too small for the number of rooms. The buffet is basic. On arrival early afternoon, our room was not ready. My wife was told to wait 20 min, which turned to be 30. Then when the room was ready she had to run after a young man through doors and stairs trying to catch up while carrying her luggage herself.
The most important however is the noise. We had a room on the back (street) side. Make sure to ask for a room, not on the street side. There is continuous traffic which is very noisy due the Tournai cobble stones. And the noise insulation in the rooms is below any standard. Again, a low standard of quality of renovation. They must have saved too much on the quality of the windows.
Next time in Tournai, we'll try another hotel. This was definitely not worth the 132 euro we paid.

Room tip: ask for a room not on the street side
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Very good location close to the city centre but on a side street so it was quiet. Very clean and comfortable rooms although the rooms were rather small. Air conditioning was good. Good breakfast. I would stay there again although the price seemed a bit high.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

With the online deal we got a very reasonable overnight stay in a fashionable hotel. Tournai was beautiful but the number of shops and bars that had gone out of business it was almost a ghost town. Well worth a stay but get down for breakfast early or you will be left with no choice.

Date of stay: June 2018