All reviews town centre would stay here again item river ideal beer
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

As per the title it’s one of our companies “go to” hotels in the area. It’s on the square which has a few bars/restaurants surrounding it and your a 10 minute walk from the more busier area. As the name would suggest it’s a stones throw from the Cathedral, which for as long as I can remember has been covered in scaffolding (see photo) and we have been coming here for dome time now. I struggled with the rating as I think it’s too good for a 3 but closer to a 4 that’s why I “upped it” the restaurant and bar area are friendly enough and the girls who server you and oversee reception are very good and thankfully speak good English. The food on the restaurant is very good indeed, I was really looking forward to the steak on this visit as last time it was excellent, unfortunately they had sold out so had to choose another item. This was really tasty and definitely made up for my earlier disappointment. The reason i think it’s a “low” 4 is the standard of some of the rooms and I also think they have begin to charge a lot for breakfast. All that said the rooms are always clean, the beds are comfy but the shower can be hit or miss

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

Ideally located in the town centre and is about a 10 minute walk directly down the road to the railway station.

The room was clean and decent, a good shower in the bathroom, and came with both an air conditioning machine and a desk fan.

I didn't eat here at all but I did have a beer outside on their terrace.

Lovely friendly staff that were very helpful and spoke good English too, I'd highly recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced place to stay in this area.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Located in the centre of Tournai with car parking directly outside the hotel.
After 7pm at night car parking is free until 9am the next morning
Close to restaurants/bars
Bedrooms are clean and tidy
Perfect for short stay

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

I visited Tournai and stayed at the Cathedral earlier in the year. It is wonderfully placed to enjoy the sights and attractions of the town. The breakfast was excellent and set me up for the day. I was pleased to return and booked a twin room with a party of friends for a charity event. Unfortunately a family emergency forced a last minute cancellation. The staff could not have been more helpful and understanding when we most needed it. I will be back.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed January 17, 2018

Stayed a couple of nights,
Room quite small and basic, shower just about done the job, not much power.
The hotel could do with a bit of a refurb, as looking a bit tired.
Was not worth the €91 a night. Breakfast okay,
Staff really nice and friendly

Date of stay: January 2018