“Long Weekend”

Ibis Mons Centre Gare
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mons
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights . Although I had only booked a single room I was given a double. This was smart and clean, comfortable bed, attractive bathroom with hot showers. Breakfasts were typical continental but toaster had a mind of its own. Visable staff few but courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Den C
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Mons Centre Station . It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Michaël Visée.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

although the rooms were fairly basic but that was expected, it was more than adequate for my needs. I found the bed very comfortable. Staff were very helpful at all hours if the day and night. Breakfast was well organised and the Hotel bar had a good range of drink. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Dear Sir,

All the team and myself want to tahnk you again for your nice comments.

Your group and yourself were more than friendly and we hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Michaël
Manager Ibis Mons

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Room is small, mostly clean, but much mold in shower around grout line. I came at 5:15pm to find my room not clean and ready yet and had to wait at least a half hour in the lobby wit my cranky kids. They say they have the 15 minute rule but this was not fixed in 15 minutes! Check in at most hotels is no later than 3pm, so i was surprised by this. The room has nasty carpeting, a double bed, a single bed and a roll away. No frills. No toiletries, not dirty clothes bag, nothing. Its ok but not great for a family at all. Also, our window faced the bus station and street, very loud all night.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your comment. I just checked the 401 room and a very small stain of mold is present. I immediately asked my housekeeping service to clean it. For the size of the room, you said it was small but how do you fit 4 beds in a small room? The problem is that you were 4 and we proposed you 2 communicative rooms but you did not want (becaue of the price) and prefer 4 beds in a room...why your complain? In Ibis, we have no amenities (that's why the price is low).

I hope I answered your questions.

Manager.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Very basic but Extremely clean hotel!
Situated in the heart of Mons
Typical standard facilities in a room which is adequate for a quick business trip
Staff excellent and polite
Breakfast had a variety of continental treats
Secure parking is fantastic

Room Tip: Back of hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Mons Centrum Station. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

VISEE Michäl

Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you have previously stayed at an Ibis, you know what to expect - this is no different. Location is good, and the gated car park (9 euro) swung it for me as I was on my motorbike. Access is slightly awkward as the bus station can make life awkward for satnav - I had to nip through the bus station, but as it was Sunday, not a problem. Rooms were standard as as usual pretty uninspiring - but functional. I didn't use the restaurant nor take breakfast as I decided to walk into town. This is a simple 10 minute stroll to the Grande Place, but ladies beware - lots of very awkward cobbles the whole way.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank WanderingIslander
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments helping us to improve our services.

Our ibis indeed respects all the standards of the brand.

Sorry for the carpark but an eye detects the movements normally.

On the level of accessibility, the restoration of the city involves some nuisances but arrowing makes it possible quickly to find its road.

The historic center has many paving stones, it is what that it is historical

Thansk again for your comments.

Hope to welcom you in a near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Scouter37
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Having been i an Ibis a few days before, we knew what to expect. The red Ibis is for business so the rooms are small but functional with a big desk. Finally a real bathtub and deep as well, heaven!

The location is always in the downtown area near a train station or some other transportation. They have breakfast, but it is not included. Through the week they also have dinner but as it is a business hotel, they do not serve dinner Friday, Saturday or Sunday. You will have to fend for yourself or try one of their snacks. We tried the pasta, but it is a small frozen dinner that the staff heat up in the microwave. Big disappointment and a stomach ache later.

We do like the hotels and there is always some parking, that is a big deal in Europe. Very clean and functional.

Room Tip: The rooms are just big enough for a couple, but if you are traveling with a small child you might wa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 1946HappyCamper
Michaël V, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Dear Sir or Madam,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mons
Dream
#7 of 8 in Mons
Utopia Hotel
Utopia Hotel
#1 of 1 in Masnuy-Saint-Jean

Been to Ibis Mons Centre Gare? Share your experiences!