“ideal base”

Ibis Mons Centre Gare
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Mons
Reviewed May 29, 2013

have stayed here for several years now and it is more than adequate for my needs.
the staff are very pleasant and all speak good English.
the rooms are spacious with a large bathroom, and are fine for somewhere to rest/get change, towels changed on a daily basis. always clean and tidy,(just beware the slowest lift in the world)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much to take time to leave us your comments.

I'm happy you appreciate your last stay and that it gave you envy to come back.

Concerning the lift, it's true that we had some small problems but they are fixed now.

I hope to welcome you again in a near future.

Yours Sincerely

Manager.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This Hotel is very well situated just across the street from the main train station.
No noise from the outside however the room doors automatically close and make a loud noise when slamming... when this happens at night it is not pleasant.
Good room size and large bathroom
Basic room decoration and furniture
Clean

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

All our team want to thank you for all your comments.

The doors close quicly to ensure proper and safe closure and avoid the door remain open without you realize, which can avoid other problems.

I thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

This is a very basic hotel with no frill. I found it very convienent because it is just across from the train station.

Pros:
1. Convienent location.
2. Nice staff.

Cons:
1. No frills hotel

Overall, I would reccomend this hotel if you are in Mons on business, because it allows easy access to the train station, which has a direct train to the brussels airport. It is also close to the city center, if you want to meet friends or have dinner.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Sir,

I thank you very much for your nice comments.

Our Ibis brand does not allow us to have many "frills" because of its standards of quality but as you mention it, we make our best to fullfill all the hospitality criterias (position, nice staff,...)

I hope to see you back soon in our hotel.

Yours sincerely.

Manager.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed 3 night whilst at a festival at the expo in Mons. The room was clean and spacious and the staff at the hotel were excellent coping with my very poor french with good humour. For a chain hotel the bar was not badly priced and the pizza was surprisingly edible (better than the food at our festival). My main gripe with the hotel was what you got for your money at 100 euros at night (plus 9 euros for parking) I would expect a little more than a very basic room, I would certainly either expect free hot drinks or drink making facilities in the room, neither were available. We did not have breakfast as a further 14 euros each was too much. All in all it compares well with the travellodge we stayed in the night before in Kent but that was only 30 euros.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

We thank you very much for your good comments.

I agree with you that for special events, the price of the hotel is slightly more exepensive than usual but it's a widespread practice in the world of trade and hospitality.

In the room, unlike the Anglo-saxo countries, are hot drinks or drink making facilities not a standard in the Ibis brand.

I hope I answered your questions and wish to welcome you again in our hotel for the next festival.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Ideal location. I was visiting Mons Expo and it was an easy walk in. Lovely town, parked the car in the secure on site car park and had no need to move it for 2 days. Great hotel all the staff were really friendly. I'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I Would like to thank you, in the name of all our staff, for the good comments made on our hotel and services.

We hope to see you soon with us.

Yours sincerely.

Michaël Visée.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stay from Feb 26 to Mar 3, 2013

Almost impossible to get the Internet on the iPhone. Same problema with laptops. Worst business internet experience in the last 3 years! Surprising, especially for an IBIS HOTEL. They have always offered a good quality for the price. Many people book IBIS hotel for business trips.

Warning: this hotel still has 2 smoking floors! We have first been given a smoking room without being told of it. But as soon as a non smoking room became avalable (2 nights later though), we were immediately transferred.

The service was very welcoming. I would like to mention Nathalie, at the breakfast service: professional, discreete, caring. The other staff members were also very friendly, including the cleaning personnel.

Easy access by train or car. 10 min on foot from the best restaurants and from the beautiful middle age architecture. Free buses to go to Mall and to the old Town. nice parking behind hotel, but at 9 euros per day.

The city is also being renovated for 2015 where Mons will become the Capital of Culture. Roads are renovated. New train station to be built.

• Stayed: February 2013
Mikeclubmed, Directeur général at Ibis Mons Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Sir or Madam,

I would like to thank you for all the comments you adressed to our team and the services in our hotel.

Concerning the wireless, as I said in a previous comment, we will take care of it during this month but if you had mentioned it during your stay, we surely have solved the problem immediately.

For the smoking rooms, as we use product to make the smell disappear, our smoking rooms does not smell smoke and more perfume.

Thank you for your suggestions again and I hope to see you back in a near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I just stayed at this Ibis for a couple nights for business and was pretty impressed. the bar and lounge are very good, although I would have liked a few more beers on tap.
The rooms are a fair size and beds comfortable. I was on the train side but did not notice a lot of noise.
There are only 2 towels in the bathroom, nothing else and they are small and thin. they could use to be replaced.
My biggest complaint would be internet. I use my tablet exclusively to speak to family when I am on the road and in this hotel they need to add a repeater or 2 to reachthe end of the hall rooms. I was switched from one room to another due to the internet not being good enough and in the second room I still had to sit by the door to get a reliable signal. As a Network tech I suggest that they do some testing with an iPad as to where the signal is reaching. I am sure when they set it up with a laptop it seemded good enough. Not so much with a mobile device.

Room Tip: Cant confirm, but try to get a room in the center of the hall if you are using tablet or mobile devi...