“Well situated for battlefield tours”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Casteau Resort Mons
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Mons
warrington
“Well situated for battlefield tours”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

I stayed here with a Leger Battlefield tour to Mons. The hotel is well situated for tours in this area. The room I was allocate to was spacious, quiet and had tea / coffee making facilities and very fast Wi Fi. The staff are helpful and friendly. The breakfast buffet is OK. The hotel restaurant is in a separate building close to the hotel. I ate on a Friday night and the food was OK, if a little pricy but it wasn't open Sunday evening. All in all, this hotel is fine for the purpose that I was using it for. Would I stay again? The answer is YES.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank WarringtonDiver51
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Casteau Resort Mons, responded to this review, September 1, 2014
Dear Customer

in name of my staff and myself, I would like to thank you for this nice review.

We indeed try to give the best service to our customers and your review proves us that we are doing well.

Come back soon :-)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

clean & comfortable we were on a coach tour so only two nights with only two restaurants local that was ok facilities were good including a sauna and jacuzi ? breakfast was good fridge in room was handy bar was comfortable but no draught & only small selection of beers

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Casteau Resort Mons, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Dea M Joseph

I thank you in name of my staff and myself for the positive review you left on Tripadvisor.

And about the beer, I promise you that we will install draught beer for your next stay !
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2014

An ugly 1960s roadside hotel whose principal asset is its car park. Breakfast is good but there's no restaurant (we ate in a Greek place immediately across the road on our first night) and you're a long way outside Mons. But it's handy for SHAPE, just a few hundred metres up the road. Nearby is a stone memorial to the first encounter between British and German troops in the First World War in August 1914: a 19thC-style cavalry skirmish. Our party got back near midnight on day two after a long day's work to find the bar running out of beer and the only staff member on duty reluctant to serve us because he had to be up early to serve breakfast. Lack of air conditioning could be a major issue. It was very humid the nights we stayed there, the fan in the room didn't work, the window only opened a small amount and to get any kind of breeze I had to leave the curtains open so the arc light over the car park shone straight into the room.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

I have read your review with a lot of attention. First of all, on behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations

However, I think you are a little bit hard with us :
1. an ugly 1960s roadside hotel... : it is of course not ab brand new hotel but its is perfectly maintained. And the parc will be renovated in november with new sideboards, trees, etc
2. no restaurant : we are indeed a B&B hotel but there are a lot of restaurants nearby
3. bar : I will see with the person which was present that day but normally, we have enough of everything
4. fan not working : we have spare fans at the reception so if you would have asked, we would have brought you one directly

Dear Sir, I apologize that our services was not what you expected and I hope to see you again in our hotel to make it up with you.

Travelers are raving about these Mons hotels

Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

No A/C, no restaurants nearby open on monday. Taxy takes € 20 just to show up from Mons, plus the ride. No international tv channels... Overall clean. But staying for an all week was too much. Very good morning breakfast and of course they have the most famous local beers.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank FabrizioWolf
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Casteau Resort Mons, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear client,

first of all, I want to thank you for your review.

It surprises me that you write that we do not have international channels, as we have English, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, French and other channels ?

About the restaurants, there are always some restaurants open within 500 m from hotel. We have a list at the reception.

We hope you will come back and see us again soon.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I was on a Leger Battlefield Tour and stayed 3 nights at this hotel,which the brochure said had a restaurant but doesn't.A large proportion of customers on Battlefield tours are men and in my experience a large proportion of men like to drink.This hotel does not have draught beer and the receptionist doubles as the bar person. When there is a queue of 12 at the bar and 3 people are checking in........it can be a bit of a wait.On the last night I was there the bar ran out of bottled beer and even the vending machine was emptied of its beer!!
For non-drinkers(!!) the good news is that the staff are very friendly and poite and even the cleaners give you a " Bon Jour" and a smile.
The breakfast has a wide choice and would have been rated superlative if they'd have had bacon.
The room was a liitle too warm for me and I slept on top of the bed.I tried the fan but it sounded like a B52 was overhead.
An excellent " stopover" hotel but 3 nights was at least 1 night too long.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
DDeWeerdt, Propriétaire at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel Casteau Resort Mons, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Sir

I thank you for your nice review. We indeed do not have always draught beer as we do not sell quickly enough to empty a beer keg within 3 days.

Of course, we should have done it when we have a coach of English men as you are very fond of beer :-)

We will do next time for sure !

I am also happy to read you liked the quality of the service of our staff ! This is very important to us.
Chippenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2014

First time we have stayed here. The Hotel is very convenient for SHAPE and Mons, and less than 2 hours from the Channel Tunnel. Our room with en-suite was excellent, clean, and included a fan and tea/coffee making facilities. We found the hotel peaceful and the staff helpful. We didn't have time to try the gym. The continental breakfast was very good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

thank you for this review. a 5/5 makes us very very happy.

See you soon again !
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The last time I visited the Casteau Resort the rooms were tired, they have now been updated and are greatly improved. Unfortunately they have disabled the volume buttons on the TV remotes and the volume is a little too high with noise bleed from neighbouring rooms. The breakfast was terrible, the hot food consisted of a boiled hot dog sausage and a bit of underdone scrambled egg (which was warm at best. The cold choices were very limited. If you are visiting NATO, I suggest you leave a little earlier and seek breakfast on the base

Room Tip: Also look at the Mercure and Utopia which are comparable in quality (better breakfasts) but not as h...