Charleroi Airport Hotel
$45
TripAdvisor
  • Fitness center
1,419 results
All reviewscharleroi airportvan der valkbusiness tripshuttle servicenice roomexcellent hotelan early flightnice restaurantcomfort roomseparate toiletair conditioningbar and restaurantexcellent value for moneypark your carfree parkinghighwaytaxi
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip.
Hotel clean and comfortable. Nice restaurant serving buffet breakfast (15 Euros i think) and evening meals/buffet. There is a bar serving all the usual drinks.
Each room has a balcony, and mine was facing a supermarket!
Free wifi in all areas of the hotel with very good upload speeds.
The location is ok, but not a lot to do in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Intervoice
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Pros:
--Helpful staff
--Clean room
--Easy check-in, check-out
Cons:
--The bathtub is odd in that there wasn't a curtain, so the water went all over the place!
--The airflow in the room is virtually non-existant and with a bedroom facing the highway, opening the windows for air was noisy
--There was some car thefts--even so that the mgmt handed out signs to put on the cars that said no valuables

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is the perfect option for anybody that has an early or a connecting flight. I was quite impressed by the quality of this hotel that manages to provide a good services at a reasonable price. It is ideally suited for travellers and tourists alike, being equipped with a spacious parking and a very easy access to the nearby airport. I was there in a cold, snowy afternoon and I was delighted by the coziness and warmth of the bar and the reastaurant. Rooms are quite good and spacious and I also found very quiet. I could not try the breakfast as I had a very early flight but I seriously suspect it must be of good quality as the restaurant was quite good in variety and preparation of dishes. The only blemish is a rather casual service at the restaurant but this does not detract from the high quality of this hotel. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vincenzo E V
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We needed one night to catch our early morning flight. I picked Charleroi Hotel of Travel Advisor, due to the reviews. We needed to return our rental car, so when we check-in I asked about a shuttle from the airport. I was told 4 euro per person (8 Euro total) and told to call number listed when we were ready. Also note that no free shuttle to the airport either, another 8 Euro for morning flight. We arrived at the car rental for our car return. I called the number listed and was told “we are not the airport” and they hung up. I called the second time and told “we are not the airport, we DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU” and leave us alone” and they hung up. Finally asked the girl at the car rental, she speaking native language arranges the pickup. We were told to meet the pick-up upstairs by the taxi, 50 minutes later no pickup. Took 17 Euro taxi (7 km) back to the hotel and try to address with the staff. We were told that the taxi came but couldn’t find us, but we were standing out there the whole time. We received 2 free drinks but that doesn’t make up for the rude comments on the phone. Rooms were ok but not updated like the website states.

Stay away from this hotel, not worth the ruddiness.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank G_Family_07
Carlo S, Responsable relations clients at Charleroi Airport Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comment about our shuttle services.

We are deeply sorry of what happened and the reply you have got by phone. Be sure that this kind of behaviour is not usual at all.
Would you mind to tell us the date and time you called the hotel in order to point out who was on shift at that moment of the day.

We hope to welcome you back with a promotional rate and also to show you that what happened is exceptionnal.

Yours faithfully
Carlo Scatozza
carlo@hotelcharleroiairport.be

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My general opinion is that this is the best hotel in Charleroi. Of course the rooms vary, and the new ones have the AC in them and the really good decor, but the overall experience is the best out of all the hotels in Gosselies/Charleroi. Service is generally good and polite, restaurant is very good, if you get one of the new rooms, great! You can ask for those, too. The old ones are average, very warm in the summer, but the amenities still put this hotel on top of my list. I got an upgrade to the suite with the jacuzzi in it at no extra cost - thank you Van Der Valk, did use it and it was fantastic! Overall we usually clamber to get into this hotel. Thumbs up.

Room Tip: Room is either excellent (new wing) or good (old wing).
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business