Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare
$81
$70
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewstrain stationacross the riversecure parkingperfect locationmorning breakfastcoffee and croissantthird floorbooked roomsflat screen tvhotel is locatedbed was comfortablenice staybrusselsbeggarseurotaxibelgium
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I am just returning from Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare.

First, the location: perfect if you arrive by train, since the hotel is facing the station, on the other side of the river. Note: did not feel very safe at late night...

Staff was efficient and helpfull.

My room was a typical Ibis room. Rather small, very clean, good shower + a nice view on the station.

The isolation was so-so, since I could head the conversation of the other customers in the corridor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Dimitrioibis, Directeur général at Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to thank you for the time you took in order to put your comment on the website.
We are happy to read that you enjoy the location and your stay in genral.

We work day after day in order to provide guests the best service.

Regarding the noice problem, we know about that and the technical department is working on it.

We hope to welcome you again at Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare.

General Manager.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

On the whole it is good value, good place (renovations around now though), good bathroom, nice personnel. But the view via a dirty window was non-existent (fire prevention steel stairs right in front the window, blocking any view). No glasses or cups in the room. The pillows were very hard, impossible to sleep on. And the biggest minus - antiseptic air in the room, maybe from A/C. You feel like in a hospital, which is not very exciting...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to thank you for the time you took in order to put your comment on Tripadvisor.
By Ibis, we always try to provide the best level of quality in service and products.
Please note that your remark concerning the pillows has been transfered to the regional managment.

As an Ibis hotel we have to respect the country standards, that is there is no glass and cups in rooms but you can have food and drinks 24h / day at the bar.

We are sorry for the view and we will give you a better one at your next visit. On request, it is possible to get a room with a nice view on the river and the train station.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Good hotel if you are arriving from Charleroi Airport or using the Charleroi Sud station. Its right opposite the station/bus station.
We paid 13 euros each for breakfast, it was very good, great choice, but this made the room overall poor value for money compared to other hotels in Belgium.
The room was fine, basic, a little dated, but clean and had all the essentials. However I didn't sleep too well as the curtains let in a lot of light.
The area is pretty seedy, I would avoid walking out alone at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sir, Madam,

We would like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.
We are glad to read that you enjoy the location.
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed the breakfast in which you had a large choice of cheese, pastries, scrambled eggs and saucages and the possibility to press a fresh orange juice.

Regarding the curtains, I promise you that we are going to renew it in order to avoid light disturbing.

We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

General Manager.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

it does exist a tip related with Ibis Charleroi- Gare: this is the only one certain solution to catch an very early flight from Bruxelles-Charleroi airport, by avoiding taxi. It seems that Charleroi 's taxis does not care about your flight time and use to came until 30 min. late. So, it is not a good ideea to rent the night before your flight at one of the hotels around the airport. The only alternative solution is the express-bus Charleroi Sud Gare -- Airport which is following it's time schedule ( It comes for us at 5:45 in the morning) and consequently Ibis Charleroi- Gare hotel, situated at 3 min walk distance from both bus station and Charleroi Sud- Gare. We -2 aged ladies- came from Antwerpen with a late train, sleep at Ibis -Gare, take bus in the morning for a 15 min trip to airport, without any emotion or discomfort . Related with it's extreme functionality, all other hotel's features becames details : was a standard, impersonal, Ibis room, very large, clean, with antiallergic mattress, so a good sleep. At 5:30 in the morning a great breakfast was ready.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank rgm222
Dimitrioibis, Directeur général at Ibis Charleroi Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Madams,

I'm pleased to read that the hotel location suit you. It is indeed very easy to connect the hotel and Brussels South Charleroi Airport by using bus nr A.

At Ibis, you will always find the best standard of quality for a good value for money. We work day after day in order to improve our guest service.

We hope to see you again at your next stay in charleroi.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I wanted to visit the battlefield of Waterloo,using Ryanair from Edinburgh to Charleroi, flight was ok no problems. I booked this hotel knowing full well that it was classed as a budget hotel ,two nights total 86 euros. I had no high expectations but being an ibis hotel I did expect a certain standard.On arrival I was given a pleasant welcome from the receptionist who was very helpful during my stay (some of the hotels in vegas should send their staff here for traing in how to welcome a guest) My room was spotless,at the back not much of a view but that does not bother me. If there is such a thing as a superior budget hotel this one qualifys.Did not have breakfast here I used the cafes in the train station. Charleroi is not one of my favourite places, the area around the hotel is pretty run down but I felt safe enough. I used La Gondola next door average food, reasonable prices, The Ibis is next to the train/bus station which is convenient for travelling to Brussels.or for getting to the airport

Room Tip: This hotel is classed as non smoking, but there are some smoking rooms if you ask. Dont bother about views from your window as Charleroi only looks good in the dark
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Dear sir, Madam,

I would like to thank you for the comment you post. It was very pleasant for me to read your satisfaction.
At Ibis Charleroi we continually work with all the team in order to provide to our guests the best service for the best value for money.
Be sure that after such a positive comment they will be more motivated to improve our guest service.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel for your next belgium trip.