“A classic Korean Restaurant in Brussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Seoul

Seoul
Ranked #1,074 of 3,522 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Barbecue, Asian, Korean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Brussels, Belgium
“A classic Korean Restaurant in Brussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

I ve been going to Seoul since 1990... Has changed ownership but still one of the best places for Korean Bbq or bibimbap in Brussels.. Not the cheapest but probably the restaurant with the most authentic korean feeling. Its still one of my favorites..

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank PVDV75

Valencia
“Indescribably disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

The restaurant is simply decorated and it felt as if it was a family runned business. On a busy Saturday evening 3 people were working. Staff was functionally nice and we liked the modest and intimate atmosphere.

We ordered Seafood fondue for 2 persons, Beef menu and Jap chae. As the Seafood fondue was the most expensive dish on the menu, we were ready for something special. But when it got served I was shocked what we got for 70 Euro (2 persons):
It was a soup with: 2 gambas, 6 green shell mussels, small shells, a lot of cheap white fish, 4 large slices of Tofu and vegetables. For the price we expected much more and we were indescribably disappointed. The soup was OK but more as a side dish not as a main course. As a side dish it would serve 4 persons.

Beef menu 31 Euro:
A soup, 5 pieces of"ravioli" (mandu), beef and icecream.
The egg soup with meat was tasty, and we loved the mandu very much. Also the beef was tasty. Our confusion was that we thought the menu included 3 different kinds of meat, but we found out that you can choose only 1.

Jap Chae 14 Euro:
Small portion and too watery

A friend invited us to have dinner here and I felt uncomfortable telling the staff what I thought of the dishes. I actually felt ashamed that this was his first Korean meal.
I cook Korean food regularly and we eat in Korean restaurants once a month and my advice is: stick to the BBQ dishes (as other customers seem to be enjoying their food) and forget about the seafood fondue. And if you are craving for seafood, you better go to the centre of Brussels around the Grand Palace.

And for the price range: side dishes should be refilled for free.

Unfortunately they don't have an email address, otherwise I would have notified the owner about our experience.

• Visited May 2012
6 Thank Sofia D
Seoul
“Korea in Brussels”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

no doubt the place to go if if you feel for korean food in brussels.
great plus is having korean barbecue.
the biggest "if", is the price.....very expensive comparing to korean restaurants in cities like London and Paris

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank jmerick
Wollongong, Australia
“Food good. Not enough floor staff??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

Visited with Japanese wife. We walked in without a reservation on a Saturday night and were able to get a table. Not sure how as the place filled up really quickly.

The food was nice, the wife has a far more tuned palate thought the beef stock didn't have the authentic flavour. I really enjoyed the black noodles in ice soup and the bibimbab.

The floor staff were run off their feet only 2 of them on to service a busy place on Saturday night.... The lady looking after us was practically running to get drinks, take orders and cook bbqs on a number of tables. I can see how other reviewers have had a poor experience in the service area.
I would say though in defence of the floor staff they were really trying hard to do everything on the night we visited the boss just needs to get more of them or get out from behind the counter and give them a hand!!

I was pleased to get a table without notice on a Saturday and enjoyed the food, felt some sympathy for the floor staff who were run off their feet and this has made me rate the place as average. If they had more staff taking drink orders and not looking run off their feet I am sure I would have rated it as very good.

Morris Plains, New Jersey
“Great Korean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

My husband and I went there for a nice dinner. My husband used to work in Seoul and longed for Korean food. We were really pleased with what we had to eat. It was very fresh and tasted very much like when we ate in Seoul a few years ago. We were quite early in the evening (first customers) and it's holiday period in Brussels, so service was very timely and we had all the attention of the waitress. We took the Seoul menu for 31 euro per persons and with 4 dishes: cold appetizers (soja sprouts, kimchi, etc) and soup, warm raviolis starter, beef fondue (my husband chose beef BBQ) and a dessert (ice cream). Everything was delicious, especially the fried beef raviolis and the beef fondue (nicely cooked meat, which had been marinated, so it was not dry, really tasty with the stock and onions they cook together with the meat). The place itsefl is nothing special inside but it's quiet (off the main avenue and traffic). I'd definitely go back and recommend it to friends / colleagues.

• Visited July 2012