“The perfect dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Situated close to where I was staying, this restaurant was recomended by some friends. It was fully booked, but the manager was helpful finding us a table. Lucky of us. We had great pasta with truffle and grana padano cheese and for desert the most delicious freshly made zabaione cream. Bon appetit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

The title says it all, the restaurant on the border of Saint-Gilles and Ixelles has a lovely cosy interior. You are almost on your neighbours lap but I don't mind, service is straightforward, menu is quite small but be sure that every dish is prepared with love and they do have some great - but quite expensive - Italian wines!
Definitely worth a visit if you like Italian food for a reasonable price (16~20per main course)!!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A friend of ours who had stayed at the Pantone Hotel (only one block away from the restaurant) highly recommended this restaurant to us. He said that it really isn't something special but somehow it stuck to his mind.

So when we booked our stay at the Pantone Hotel and passed this little Italian restaurant at the corner, we just walked in and booked a table for the same evening.

We had a lovely evening with delicious food, a great atmosphere and good service at this restaurant!
They only have about 12 tables and at 8pm all tables where occupied so the atmosphere was a humming, lively one. Nice music was playing in the background, the walls and ceiling are decorated with drawings of a guest (I suppose).

We had the antipasti as a starter (very good, nothing fancy but very delicious) and ordered the house wine (rosé) which was very good.
As main course we had the Linguine Vongole - they have been very delicious!! For dessert we had Pana Cotta and Zabaione - the Zabaione was the best I ever had!

So if you wish to have a lovely, relaxed evening with great food, make sure you make your reservation at the Sale Pepe & Rosmarino!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have been there a few years ago. It was a new place, just great food. I just went back with friends coming to Brussels. Terrible. Uncooked pasta supposed to be "al dente". Unfriendly waitress who announces you 45 minutes after the order that your first dish is not available anymore. Linguine al Vongole without any taste. And very expensive. Whouaouh !! I could not believe it. What is the problem ? Was I unlucky ? I do not think so. I fear it has too many good reviews. Why ? Try and tell me. Hope it will change.

1  Thank pietvanstrombeek
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Very nice, small neighborhood Italian. No complicated dishes but simple with a lot of flavor and good ingredients.
We were three and it was a good thing we reserved a table as it very busy. Although this is usually a good sign and given the food it is normal, it slows down service. From my experience this is the only downside of this restaurant.
As a starter we had scalopse with mushrooms. The scalopse were perfectly cooked and the mushrooms were accompanied by an excellent balanced sauce that vaguely reminded at a vinaigrette. The touch of acidity of the sauce was not at all a problem it made the dish light.
Afterwards my father in law had a good pasta with garlic and tomatoes. The pasta was cooked as it should and even being in Brussels the tomatoes did contain flavor :-).
My wife and I choose a pizza which were properly prepared with nice THIN dough, that had been baked correctly.

The bill was not cheap but I can't say that it was expensive either considering the quality of the food. So probably this was the first but not the last time.