“Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 18, 2012

A little crowded, but worth the try. Either you have to go before 7:30 or after 9:30. We chose the later, but close to the hotel and they booked for us since we were late back. Good Food at a good price, but the place is good interesting not bad interesting, but nevertheless the only word I can think of that describes it is 'interesting'.

Reviewed March 7, 2012

I wanted a restaurant in the Saint Gilles area and based on the overall good impression for this restaurant chose Sale Pepe & Rosmarino. I am very glad I did because the food was excellent and, even though I was eating alone, it was a nice evening witha good atmosphere. Service was good but not pushy - if you want something then you need to ask not wait to be asked - but when you ask they were quick and friendly. Food was great with a nice choice of starters, pasta, meat and fish. As mentioned by others this is shown via a blackboard but the waiter, realising I didn't speak Italian or French was happy to make suggestions and explain some of the things I couldn't decipher. I would certainly recommend this restaurant and visit again when in this area.

Reviewed February 9, 2012

It is an Italian restaurant close to our place with good rating in trip advisor. The place unfortunately wasn't very good. It is very small and crowed when it is busy (almost always). The tables and the companies are very close without even space for waiters to pass. Always you have to take care of them. No menus just a blackboard without a lot of explanation regarding the plates. Actually we didn’t know what we ordered but finally they were ok. Some of them were tasted some just average. Also the place I believe that was expensive. The 1/2 litre HOUSE wine was 11 euro. I will not go again there.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

We stumbled on this restaurant by accident, in a quite residential area. It is small and intimate and has a great atmosphere. The Italian cooking is marvelous, way ahead of most of the competition, better indeed than many a restaurant I have eaten in in Italy. Starters include a lovely mixed antipasti and a really generous prosciutto. The mains are sublime, especially the tortellini tartufo, to die for! The menu is handwritten on a small blackboard and changes daily. Both my wife and I absolutely loved this place.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great place, food & people.
After trying a lot of italian restaurants in Brussels, this is my n°1 choice.
A small restaurant with a very nice changing choice of food & wines - the best place to discover & enjoy real classics or more typical preparations & a great wood oven pizzeria.
Don't hesitate to ask for suggestions or explanations of the black board, those fellows are kind and passionate about food and the menu is full of variations according seasons.

For a single great pizza or a full delicious dinner, this is the place!