“Great food and service”
Review of I Latini

I Latini
Ranked #417 of 3,557 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We came on I Latini by accident - we were staying nearby and passed it on a stroll past St Catherine's Church. The area is a little bit away from the eateries around Grand Place but because of that is much less pressured and pricey - there are plenty of restaurants around St Catherine's, but they have a more local and relaxed feel. The square in front of the church itself has the feel of an Italian piazza, helped by the restaurants with their outdoor seating, for which the weather was perfect when we visited. We used I Latini twice - on each occasion, there was no problem getting an outdoor table, and as an Italian restaurant, there was a good choice for us as vegetarians. The pizzas on the first visit were delicious. On the second visit, we had the mixed pasta plate of four different pasta samples; there was no problem making us a veggie version, which was superb. Desserts were equally good, and the house wine reasonable and tasty. Service was excellent and the atmosphere, sitting in the evening warmth, was delightful. Thoroughly recommended!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Dennis G

London, United Kingdom
“Perfectly competent Italian food, with added friendliness”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was a very hot evening when we went to this restaurant... sat outside and watched (a subset of) the world go by. The only drawback was sitting next to a table full of extremely dull mid-European businessmen.

Good food, and good friendly service by at least three members of the servivce staff.

Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Frank C
La Rochelle, France
“Italy inside Brussels”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very warm welcome, we were 2 people, installed on a large table at the terrace. Very good italian food, we took a poulpo salad, fresh and tasty, and the main dish was perfectly cooked kidney dish. The wine was also a good choice from the staff. Firendly and efficient service.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank FrancoisD76
brussels
“2 PLACES”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

tthere ar TWO I Latini's with only a few houses in between. The one on the corner is tha more informal one (no tablecloths), the one with huge yellow facade HAS tablecloths. Use the one on the corner for an informal lunch of a quite bite or for 'just' a pizza.
The I Latini with the yellow facade is absoluteliy wonderful if you want to have the experience of a truly wonderful italian meal and the whle italian experience thank comes with it.
The traditional dishes have recently been revamped to the modern eye, and succesfully so!
This place is wonderful, and even de housewine can be trusted here!
Don't believe any negative comments of snooty tourist that you might read here, take it from one of the regaulars! And no i don't have shares in the restaurants, i live around the corner and eat there once a week at least. In the one with tablecloths :)

• Visited June 2013
Wilmington, Delaware
“Food might be good...BUT!”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I decided to have a late lunch (~2PM) and wanted something light.
We entered the restaurant which was pretty empty at that time with no line of people waiting to get in and were immediately seated.
We had planned to get a pizza and some salad and wine, etc.
As I was sitting down, I mentioned to the waiter that we were planning on getting a pizza margherita. I mentioned the pizza item to him only because I thought he could get it started and then we would place the rest of our order when we received menus.
The waiter flew off the handle and said that he wouldn't seat us if that was all we wanted!
We were stunned as he was loud and abrasive and his comments could be heard throughout the restaurant.
Obviously, we left the restaurant with not too good a feeling about the place!
So, I guess I can't rate the food, since we didn't have any.
I can rate the experience and service since we, definitely, experienced that side of it.
I also can't comment on one of the other reviews about "Eau du Toilet" since we weren't there long enough to find out!
All in all, a very embarrassing experience the likes of which I have NEVER had happen to us in the past!

• Visited May 2013