“Terrible service !!!”
Review of met jeannine

met jeannine
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
met jeannine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #601 of 3,650 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Terrible service !!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2012

I went to this restaurant with 3 of my friends yesterday and the 2 waiters literally ruined or diner. They were making inappropriate jokes at every service and rip us off with our bill (for some blurry reasons, they didn`t apply the discount that was due to us)
Besides, the food is really expensive for what it is: low quality meat, cheap sauce and overcooked fries.

I don`t recommend anyone to go to this restaurant !

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Arn1486

Brussels, Belgium
“pas mauvais mais rien d'original”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

nous y étions allés un samedi soir en groupe d'une dizaine de personnes pour un anniversaire. Ils sont connus pour leur fondue bourguignonne donc c'est ce que nous avons pris.
On a été un peu déçu car l'huile n'est pas parfurmée aux herbes et les sauces ne sont pas maison.
De plus, il nous a fallu attendre si longtemps pour avoir un refill de frites que la plupart d'entre nous avais déjà terminé de manger quand elles sont arrivées table.

Il faut peut-être mieux y aller pour un steak et en semaine.

1 Thank Lidwine_D
“Discount delight”
Reviewed September 14, 2011

After reading some other reviews for this restaurant, I have to disagree with those who found fault with it. Some of the other reviews were rather old so perhaps the restaurant has made some improvements. I had dinner here on two ocassions - once with my daughter and again with a friend as I pruchased discount coupons from Promo City which is a local version of Groupon. We had a 3 course meal for half price and both times I felt that the meal was quite good. I ordered steak ( speciality of the house ) both times and while chicken brochette was not on the special menu, the waiter was kind enought to allow my daughter ( no red meat person) to substitute. Service was excellent and the ambiance was most pleasant. On both ocassions the restaurant was filled so reservations are necessary. It has the feel of a good, reasonably priced neighborhood ( Schuman area) gathering spot for a nice dinner. My only negative comment is that the calamari was not so good as it tasted rather commercially prepared (not home made).

Visited September 2011
Athens, Greece
“very good for meat lovers!”
Reviewed May 8, 2011

I had a very pleasant experience at this restaurant, everything was as I would like it. The only downside for some would be the slightly kitsch "film"-themed decoration and the kinda low light, but the food quality balances that just right!
If you like steaks, go there!

• Visited May 2011
“DISASTER!!!”
Reviewed April 7, 2011

I am sooo disappointed with this place. At the time I liked it a lot, but I will never ever go there again!!! Can you imagine that I got an old, stinky, greenish steak?!?! How could the cook not smell this odeur?! Bleh! Obviously they've charged us the full price . No compensation, not even a free coffee!
And 2 months ago when I 've organized my birthday party there (12 people!), they didn't take care of us at all. We have been waiting over 1,5h for our dishes. No wishes neither. Nothing!
One more thing: dress the worst clothes you have going there - you will stink like a pot full of an old oil. You can even see the oily smoke in the air.
If you want to be healthy&happy DO NOT GO THERE at all !!!

• Visited April 2011