“Warm and cosy place with a great atmosphere and good food”
Review of Le Troisieme Acte

Le Troisieme Acte
Ranked #432 of 3,879 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Le Troisième Acte in a well turned-out quarter of Brussels near the Palais de Justice, has established itself in almost no time as one fine eating destination. The reason? We'd put our money on dynamic, inventive chef Christophe Mathieu and Didier Waldbillig, your guide to the superb wine list. The design of the restaurant is a classic mix of relaxed and smart, with exposed brick walls, wooden floors and banquettes, original art work, lovely pools of light. The menu features excellent sourcing, like beef direct from Argentina, enhanced by Mathieu's deft hand with spices and fresh herbs. Dishes include salads, pastas, casolettes, and creations like half-cooked tuna with aubergine caviar ravioli, white truffle oil, rocket and tomato coulis, or chicken supreme speculoos. Recommended for work and romance, too.
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Why would I eat an Argentinian Entrecote at Brussels? Because it is not the season for moules. Good sign: They do not sell out-of-season food. Insted they grill the beef to perfection - which is saignant (or medium rare).
The trio of crocettes, though, was not convincing. I would give it a miss next time.
If the service was better organized I could easily go for a higher rating.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

First time I went there during the Xmas period when the restaurant was empty and we ate well. Second time we went the resuarant was full and everything was terrible, especially the food. One other client and my husband had pieces of plastic in their food. My soup was uneatable so I didnt touch it and the waiter didnt even ask why.. For this terrible diner with 3 we paid 250€.. Never again!

Reviewed May 11, 2012

We went to this restaurant when it still was a night club called "Le Bureau". What a nice memories...
.Now we go there for lunch. And that means a more than excellent menu for a
absolutely decent price. The wines don't come cheap. In the evenings we
take friends for a cosy dinner in the front room, eventually near the fireplace and choose something delicious from the blackboard or the menu. Everything is super fresh, often original and always good.
The ambiance is very friendly; lots of habitues and mix of ages.

1  Thank ferminablauw
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We were taken to dine here by my son and his fiancee (who is Belgian). It is their favorite restaurant and we certainly found out why. The restaurant is quite small and intimate without being crowded. The decor was traditional European style with lots of antique wood and subdued lighting. Absolutely first rate. The food was fantastic (I had fish, my partner had lobster ravioli). I kind of wished I had ordered the steak as it looked wonderful - will order it next time, but the fish and sauce were fresh and delicious. The appetizers were inventive and unusual (duck cooked three ways for example). Great desserts too. Attentive service. No complaints. I guess it is popular with the young Belgians as some of my son's friends were there too by coincidence.

1  Thank DianaHaynes
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I'm living and Brussels and working in the area of Sablon where you can find more than 50 restaurants in this area.
"Troisième acte" is one of my favourite one. I love the decoration of the place, the food is always very good and fresh. Service is simple and very sympatic!
I really recommend!