“Cool vibes, laid back atmosphere”

Le cercle des voyageurs
Ranked #400 of 4,016 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Resto , Arts & Travel Cafe - Exotic Tables, World Wines , Books and elsewhere , Events, Banquet Hall , Banquet Music bar , Projections , Expos. Hosts the NPO Mondocultures that manages a monthly cultural events (concerts, film club , conferences ...)
Reviewed November 9, 2016

This is the right place for drinks at any time, the place is perfectly located in the heart of Brussels, so if you stroll in the city and you feel need to re-charge yourself for a drink, Le Cercle is a good choice! The service is kind, the vibes are really cool, and the decoration is very appropriate with the entire theme of the place!

Reviewed November 2, 2016

We went there only for a coffee as during dinner we always would have needed reservation. Coffee was good and service ok.

Reviewed October 28, 2016 via mobile

I walk in ask watch people walk past me, a few times. Ask the bartender if i have to be seated or self serve, he doesn't speak any English. Ask same thing to a waiter and ask him if I can sit at a particular table. He says yes. Then I wait 17 mins before I walk up to the non English speaking bartender. Same waiter comes back. I ask him for a beer and noticed the menu says dinner service starts up again at 6:30 (half hour away) and ask confirm with him, he responds yes. So 6:45 comes. Finished my beer 10 mins ago. I see him setting up tables walking around. So I go up to the bartender again. He finds a woman that speaks moderate English. And I ask her if there is a private function going on tonight, is the restaurant all booked out. She said no but those 3 tables are all reserved. And I'm thinking why have you wasted my time when in hungry sitting here like an idiot. Never been more frustrated in my life. Worst service. Worst communication I have ever dealt with. So the next restaurant got my 40% tip. I hope the rest of Brussels isn't this pathetic.

1  Thank andre j
Reviewed October 20, 2016 via mobile

It was great to stumble upon such an unexpectedly restful restaurant just steps away from the tourist drag. I was only in Brussels for the day so had to have moules frites and beer. Both were lovely and I very much enjoyed the broth thar my mussels were cooked in. A lovely spot.

Reviewed September 30, 2016

I had a steak that was so tough and full of tendons that I literarily had to deploy surgical technique to get through it!

Drinks were fine (house wine good) - but just don't eat here!!