“No sir, not good enough!”

Le cercle des voyageurs
Ranked #164 of 3,587 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Resto , Arts & Travel Cafe - Exotic Tables, World Wines , Books and elsewhere , Events, Banquet Hall , Banquet Music bar , Projections , Expos. Hosts the NPO Mondocultures that manages a monthly cultural events (concerts, film club , conferences ...)
Brussels, Belgium
“No sir, not good enough!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Been there with two friends and my wife for dinner. Service really is crap!
Waiter forgot my order and only confirmed this when I asked him directly.
I ordered the starter with shrimps and it is written (5 pieces) on the menu; however I got only 3 pieces with no explanation whatsoever from two waiters.
Only after I asked (!) they told me the size of the shrimps they buy has increased and therefore they serve only 3.....I mean really??! Are you calling this "service"?

When I paid the waiter asked me if everything was allright and although I said no and told him that I was not satisied, what do you think was their reaction? An apology, an extra-drink, or any kind of customer-friendly REaction??!

No! Far from! Why should one?
Sorry guys, but this is NOT how you treat customers and I will NOT return (and you can be sure that many of my friends will not go there either).

2 Thank sebemig

• Greek first
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Been here twice, liked it both times. Variety of dishes, I'm a fussy eater and found a few things to eat which always amazes me! Jazz bar downstairs. Staff were friendly. Would like to go again

• Visited March 2012
Halle
“Nice concept”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Ate here already several times. Good food, nice service, spatious. Do rseserve on weekends though!

Visited April 2012
Escanaba, Michigan
“Want something different from the typical Belgian food?”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

I ate lunch here and it was very good. I was really getting fed up with Belgian food and all the cream sauces and non flavorful food. I am a Vegetarian, who eats seafood occasionally, no wheat, no dairy, no corn and low sugar. I love food cooked with a lot of spice and flavors! This place had just what I had been craving! Although, I wish I had realized how huge the veggie starter was, I wouldn't have ordered a main course. I had the sauteed veggies in a sauce and ceviche as a main course. It was definitely a place to check out. ALSO the staff was friendly!!! Most of the restaurants we had been to in Belgium the staff was NOT very nice. This place was great. I would eat here again for sure.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank HeatherW1989
Brussels, Belgium
“Excellent ambience - and they allow private screenings too!”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Despite living in Brussels for nearly 3 years, we hadn't heard of Le Cercle des Voyageurs until a friend suggested we approach the place to ask if they would host a private screening of a short film. Very few places in Brussels host - or has the capacity to host - private screenings.

For this aspect alone, Le Cercle des Voyageurs is special. They also have live music, documentary screenings and jazz concerts on several nights of the week.

The staff and management were prompt, professional and friendly. Altogether, we had around 100 guests come that evening for two screenings.

All our guests really liked the place and wondered why they hadn't been there before. The screening room itself has a very nice ambience. The sound was great. Some people felt the screen could have been bigger, but this is a minor point.

We didn't eat dinner there ourselves that night, but our friends that did loved it. Some did feel the food and drinks were slightly expensive, but most agreed you got what you paid for. It's a nice place to get away from it all and enjoy a classy meal from an array of international options.

We though overall that Le Cercle Des Voyageurs is a fantastic concept and a great place to hang out. Very near Brussels' famous Mannekin Pis but away from the crowds, tourists and hustle bustle.

We will definitely be going back with our friends.

• Visited April 2012