“Breathtaking”
Review of Wittamer

Wittamer
Ranked #34 of 59 Dessert in Brussels
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lining the Grand Sablon are some of Belgium's finest chocolatier boutique shops, including Wittamer Café. Have brunch or ask for a free sample of Belgian chocolate.
Oklahoma
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

You would think that in Belgium 'chocolate is chocolate', I've never had bad chocolate there; however, Wittamer's chocolates transcend even Belgium's high standards. The texture is so fine and exquisite and the flavor so perfect that you don't want to swallow. It is twice as expensive as other chocolatieres, but it is worth it. I wish I had more money. I would sit on the floor of the shop for several days, eating myself into a coma. gawwww....

Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
“Worst service I've ever had. They're lucky we paid!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

After sampling Brussels' finest beers the night before we were a little hungover and in need of something sweet and delicious, so we sat at a table on the pavement outside Wittamer and waited to be served. And waited. And waited. And...well you get the ghist. Eventually a waiter appeared and we ordered two 'chocolate chauds' which, even with my limited French, I am pretty sure means hot chocolate. Half an hour or so later, nothing had materialised. Then a waitress greeted us and gave us menus as if we had never ordered. So we tried again. Coffees with chantilly this time, as we couldn't find hot chocolate on the menu. Presumably they weren't serving it or they had misunderstood our order but the waiter hadn't told us that. Another agonising wait but we perservered because this was Wittamer, and the guide book told us it was good. The coffees eventually came and the cream meant they were only half-full, so we ended up paying around 10 euros for horrendous service and substandard drinks. I was tempted to walk away without paying anything but my partner has more of a conscience than me so we left the money on the table and made a hasty retreat. Very disappointing.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Claire B
Vienna, Austria
“Very good croissant though pricy”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nowadays it is not easy to have a simple butter croissant, but here my aim was met on a sunny fall morning.

It is pricy though, but I am aware of that before I sat down, a croissant costs 2.7 euro, and a coffee costs around 4 euro.

Other pastries and tarts look very good too, will try next time.

• Visited October 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“one of the best cookies and tarts place”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Plus, a great coffee. Not open inside for food on Monday- only outside. Try anything, won't regret. Is not open in the evening.

Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“Must stop by and grab some afternoon tea”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Brilliant stop in our day for afternoon tea. Very busy little spot but we were lucky to get a table outside to watch the world go by and enjoy our sweets.

Also pop down three doors to the chocolate shop, yum!

Visited September 2012