“Terrible food, very slow service”
Review of Garuda - CLOSED

Garuda
Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Wine, starter, main dish, dessert all terrible. No towels in the tolilets,

1  Thank Jenkus

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Service et Ambiance : 0/10 ! arrived at 8.40pm, we have been able to order at 9.10, we have been partially served (some ordered plates where missing and never arrived) at 10.45 after two unuseful recall from us ! When we received the bill, we noticed many mistakes for more than 25 euros ! When we kindly complained about the terrible service they answered to us "yes, do a scandal now!". The worst restaurant I ever made in Belgium, and I know what I'm talking about!

1  Thank Vincent W
Reviewed June 22, 2012

While the quality of food has been improving over the past year, the management of the service has deteriorated considerably. Not only slow, as soon as the restaurant is half full, the service is definitely not customer-oriented, the manager seems to enjoy making his customers wait. It is a real pity, as this is the only Indonesian restaurant in Brussels and this is contrasting with the potentials of the place. My advice to the restaurant: keep improving the quality of the food - you are on the right track - but review drastically the management/ the organisation of the service. My advice to potential customers: be ready to wait and to be put off when asking for your meals or even the bill - at least until the manager has changed his manners (hopefully very soon).

Reviewed April 21, 2012

We had a groupon for 2 persons.
The food was top, the service was ok,
but the waiter forgot to let us make the allowed choices
of food that was arranged in the groupon
(and we sadly forgot that after we looked it up again at home)
We didn't leave with a hungry feeling, but for the price you
normally pay you should have plenty of food instead of,
well ... just about enough food.

After looking closely again at the website of garuda we concluded that
the voucher costed us 39€ and was worth a 84€,
which was rise table 1 on the menu, which costs ... 25€ per person.
to my calculations that makes it 50€, where is that other 34€ gone groupon ?

Reviewed January 5, 2012

This place is located in the trendy 'off Louise' area, near the university, easily accessible by car. The ambiance is very quite and refined and if you are lucky enough with the weather, you will enjoy the garden at the back with a taste of Indonesia every where you look at. I am not a specialist of Indonesian food, but I must say that all the dishes I have selected were perfect and not too spicy, at my request. The service may be slightly perfected, but frankly, the level is excellent. In fact we have been there three times and we will go back, particularly during the summer days.

1  Thank msegard