“Excellent place for excellent food”
Review of Il Pasticcio

Il Pasticcio
Ranked #118 of 3,689 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We go here regularly for lunch - for me the place defines what superb quality food can obtain when prepared with quality ingredients. Nothing is all too complicated, but you can count on the fact that the components are picked with knowledge, providing you a true heavenly treatment for one's taste buds.
Antipasti misto and tri di pasta are a regular for me.
Good wines also, we always take one on recommendation and it has never failed.
Busy place though, it may take a few minutes of waiting - but guaranteed worthwile!

2  Thank CNoordzij
There are newer reviews for Il Pasticcio

Reviewed December 24, 2011

I went for lunch and saw at least three tables that passed in front of me because they knew the owner... still the food is good Italian and the staff, once they seated me, were friendly.

2  Thank apalmero
Reviewed November 6, 2011

busy but worth it. Can only comment on the pastas which all were perfect, penne with salmon, ravioli with butter and sage, pasta bolonese, wines by the glass or various size carafes. Fabulous bread. Friendly staff, helpful with selections...open daily for lunch..dinner only on Wed/Fri. Would have eaten there every day if my husband had let me.

1  Thank bubba89
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've been here several times and the waiters are always friendly, welcoming and helpful. I wish it was open more than 2 nights a week! It's popular and gets busy after 8pm so booking is recommended. Otherwise, it's possible to get a takeaway but if it's for more than 1-2, let them know.

We started with prosecco and a mixed antipasto. Some of our group had the 'trio de pates', three different pasta recipes on one plate. I almost wish I'd had the seared tuna, it was perfectly prepared, but homemade pasta is the house specialty and it was delicious.
Marche Rosso red was just light enough to suit everyone's food choices.
Really appreciated the birthday tiramisu and singing waiters :-)

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great italian food!
Everything we tasted was superb: salad, carpaccio, pastas, tiramisu. House wine goes well with this kind of food and the whole place is excellent value for money. Make sure you book a table for dinner (Wed or Fri nights) and be prepared to enjoy wonderful food in a lively atmosphere!

2  Thank Omppu