“Average food, adequate service”
Review of Mano a Mano

Mano a Mano
Ranked #721 of 3,906 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Ate here alone on a Sunday evening - popular place, tables available on terrasse (not reserved) but i was only offered an indoor table. I assume the logic of' single person = lower spend' applied.
Chose rigatoni quattro formaggi instead of the more popular option of pizza and it was tasty. House white was also a good choice.
Service was basic if slightly disinterested but I notice that's quite common in the trendier areas of Brussels.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

The food was ok, but the yound ladies that served were quite unpolite and most of all tried to cheat on a bill, so be careful. They charged us two more beers and a bottle of water (4.90 euros). Nice try, but did not work. Never go there again!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I ate at Mano a Mano on Thursday evening. Brussels was busy and most restaurants were close to full, but Mano a Mano had plenty of tables inside.

Our waitress was spectacularly disinterested, even by Brussels standards. Apart from reaching us menus, she did nothing to identify herself as a member of staff, and failed to draw our attention to the specials which we only saw after ordering.

That said, the food was good when it arrived, and reasonably priced. That's more than I can say about the water. A staff member here once told me "You can't order tap water in Brussels" - not true in all restaurants but accurate for Mano a Mano. However, €4.50 for a half litre of still water is scandalous and in a city where there are lots of excellent choices at most price points, enough to lose my business for future visits.

1  Thank carr6775
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Always good quality pizza, good house wine. Very unpleasant staff. If you want to change an ingredient to another ingredient you have to pay extra, something I believe is ridiculous. I asked for parmezan cheese instead of mozarella and was charged for this....?

Reviewed May 17, 2013

If you need a Pizza... this is the place to go. Really good pizza with a glass of wine. Prices reasonable.
You will not regret it.