“Maybe I'm very critical, but I do not understand how this restaurant gets good reviews”
Review of Millesime - CLOSED

Millesime
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had dinner yesterday evening in Millesime, it was the first time but also the last time.....

The website mentions a parking at 100 m of the restaurant.... They only forget to mention at what side it is located.

The restaurant itself is very nice, nice atmosphere, funny Kamasutra pictures in the bathroom. First impression was good.

The aperitif of the house is a prosecco with peaches or violet liquor. I took the violet version but the violet flavour was just too overpowering.

As an appetizer, I had scallops with chicory. The plate was very nice presented, the chicory was nicely flavoured, and the rest of plate however could have used some seasoning. Everything was a bit tasteless; some sea salt on the scallops would have been great....

Main course: risotto with mushrooms and tartufata.... Where to begin... You cannot really say it was a risotto; it was more some rice in broth with 2 slices of Parmigianino.... It was very watery, tasteless, and not creamy at all..... No truffle taste at all.... It is a shame that a restaurant in this price class serve this kind of food. My friend ordered a filet pure saignant.... It was however medium to well done....

Dessert: moelleux..... The first version was more like a chocolate cake and completely overdone.... The second version was ok

Price tag of this evening: 80€/pp, including an aperitif and half a bottle of wine pp....

Price/quality: completely overrated....

3  Thank Wendy254

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My GF and I went yesterday for dinner. Nice atmosphere and beautiful restaurant. Service was very attentive and kind. Food was excellent, especially the broth of the meat ravioli, the daurade with vegetables and tomato water and the pinapple-mint dessert. Final check was 116 euros including 2 kirr royale, a bottle of italian wine and coffees. Will go back anytime!

Reviewed November 24, 2012

For the second time we were there and even if the price is not cheap, but not too much expensive as well, we ate very well!
I took duck with chocolade sauce, it was perfect! very very good. the dessert was speculoos ice cream but the baileys almosr killed the taste of the speculoos, but was still very appreciated!
I would definitely recommend to friend, count 50 euro per person with first plate.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We come here quite often at noon and take the lunch. Little bit fusion cuisine but not too much, light and well presented. Taking the lunch gives you the possibility of changing as well as the menu is not very large. Very correct service and the lunch is not expensive. Eating on the menu more. Nice address, good with friends and for business.

Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

We called on a saturday at 9:45pm asked for a table and the waiter told us that the kitchen would close at ten, checked with the chef and gave us until 10:15pm to arrive - and I am glad we did not turn down the offer.
It was a great resto experience!
Food - delicious both for eye and palate
Service - friendly, caring, polite - just right
Price - for this excellent quality and creativity very fair

Recommended both for a tete-a-tete or a business dinner or with some friends.

We will come back.