“Disappointing”

Ranked #3,066 of 3,877 Restaurants in Brussels
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stopped here for a drink after reading rave reviews in our travel book, was very disappointed with the place, it was not for me, it too me had no character compared to other places, so sadly would neither recommend or personally return.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having not read any reviews on Le Falstaff before eating there as we were taken by family we were visiting I was surprised by the number of negative reports and double checked that we had been to the same establishment.We had dinner there on Friday night and lunch on Saturday and received polite and efficient service on both occasions.We were a big group and ordered a wide range of dishes and there were no complaints about any of them so perhaps they have a new chef or several chefs with a range of abilities and we were lucky because we also had good food on the following day and some excellent cherry beer.I always review as I find so maybe the management of Le Falstaff have been reading the reviews of previous customers and implemented recent improvements but I would go back again to see if we were lucky.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

During our stay in Brussels we have been using Antony Mason's guide and found it to be most helpful and informative; except in this case. The service was poor; the tables dirty and we were only served as we were about to walk out: My husband's Ricard was fine. My cassis was served in a dirty glass and was not chilled. It was sickly and I left it: We ordered a cold meat and cheese platter. This came without bread and consisted of plastic supermarket cheese; blood sausage and a white unappetising looking sausage. Rarely have we had such an unappatising meal. We left most of it; paid up and left - the whole experience left a foul taste in our mouths - no pun intended:

1  Thank Reports
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Le Falstaff is a pretty big bar/restaurant behind the Borse, which has probably seen better days, but continues to serve excellent food. My colleague and I went there for dinner and we both had excellent meals. I ordered Moules Frites in white wine and fine herbs, and was pleasantly surprised to be served pretty succulent mussels in a seductive broth, with perfectly crisp fries. . . My colleague had a decently sized salad with very fresh greens, alongside an onion soup with a rich broth. . .

The décor was a little faded from age, but the food was excellent.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This may have once been a very popular cafe but time has not been kind to it. The feeling is that they rely on a past reputation that is no longer deserved.

1  Thank McWett