“The sea in your plate”

Ranked #154 of 3,837 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This fish restaurant can be a bit noisy, also because the kitchen is open and you hear the extra pans & pots handling noise. Nevertheless it's great being able to see them preparing your food.
The ingredients are extremly fresh and prepared with care, cooked to perfection. The daily suggestions are far more interesting (and elaborate) than the fixed menu. We had oysters and the fish soup as starters. And as main dish we ordered monkfish with curry sauce, yellow fin tuna with artichoke sauce and grilled sole. The white house wine (French Loire Chardonnay) is strongly recommended.
Reservation is necessary. Staff is courteous and attentive. There was some waiting time between the starters and the main dishes, mainly due to the fact that the restaurant was full at that time.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Though this restaurant is not spectacular is is missing a bit of wow factor, food is good, fish is fresh, service is fast and you know what to expect. I hadn't been back to this restaurant in a while and found it hasn't changed at all since my last visit - good to know! Also, I appreciated the fact that the staff were rather accommodating and moved us to a better table even though it meant having to set it up twice (in Brussels this is very rare!).

Reviewed July 15, 2013

After two weeks of luxurious holydays in Belgium with beautiful sunny weather almost every day me and my husband decided to visit Vismet. First we had soup de poisson and croquettes aux crevettes, both very good. Then the main dish was darne de saumon and divers bar de solette. Both were cooked to perfection, tender and moist. The plates were hot which we find imperative.
The house wine was good and appropriate.
We would like to compliment the staff also on excellent service. We highly recommend this restaurant Vismet.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I shared four starters , I think we did this so we could taste varieties of the food on offer. We agreed all were great. Great staff make it a very pleasurable place to visit. V good value for money and it will be the first place I will recommend to my friends who visit Brussels.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ate here for a business dinner, 9 people, some of whom spoke no French or Dutch. We were greeted warmly, they sent over an English-speaking waiter, and made sure the dinner went off smoothly. They have a varied menu of fresh seafood offerings. My oysters and sole were beautifully done, and everyone raved about the food. The prices seemed appropriate given the quality. Nice, cozy, warm atmosphere.