“Awful!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The food is average, lets be fair about it. Not delicious but not terrible either. However the waiters are really really bad. Not a smile, rough service. They may as well be serving cattle or working as doormen in a nightclub. I really don't recommend this place at all. Plenty of quaint, pleasant brasseries in the area not to have to go there. You won't miss it! You've been warned.

2  Thank pweester

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I've been to Il Ciccio Bello a number of times, and it was always a very pleasant experience. The food usually comes quite quickly and is delicious (especially the pizza, although the pasta is good too). Most of the staff are actually Italian themselves, and being Italian my friends and I always joke around with them. I like the atmosphere and interior design of the place, but on hot days there's also outdoor seating available.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

the people are great. Understand someone else's comment about the fake Italian waiters, but it doesn't matter. Food is very good. We had two meals. We speak no French whatsoever, but the waiter tried to help us choose. First night I had walked down the hill from the Sonian Wood B&B looking for something to eat. Several choices at the corner, this seemed to be the busiest. I ordered a take-out pizza and a salad. They had no plastic ware so offered two sets of silverware and two linen napkins. Just said "bring t back tomorrow" . Or something like that since I do not understand French. But take it back we did, and had dinner in the restaurant the next night.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

...very bad restaurant....la fattoria is much better...no quality food....well been italian I aspected somenthing better then this!...anyway first and last time!pessima pasta, era scotta e la carne ci potevi giocare a ping pong...io non lo so....mah...cmq essendo italiano forse mi aspettavo di meglio.

1  Thank bu p p
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This local 'Italian' restaurant has much going for it, being quite spacious, well-located and with friendly service. The pizzas are fairly good. The rest of the food should be avoided at all costs. A pappardelle al ragù di cinghiale (€17,50!) turned out to be possibly homemade pappardelle correctly al dente but all stuck together in one mass - over which had been poured a concoction of dark lumps of cinghiale swimming in red wine. After a few mouthfuls of this disappointing and odd-tasting combination I decided to skip to the coffee. A mistake. Decidedly the worst cup of coffee I have tasted (not drunk) for many a year - worse even than the old Swedish stewed variety. So keep the pizzaiolo and the waiters but sack the chef would be my advice.

1  Thank gladfin